Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D80 top LCD backlight?

• 28-12-2009 5:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Hi all, bought a D80 for herself recently, and the top LCD (control panel) backlight is not coming on at all.

Settings are the same as my own... Illumination is On, Auto meter off is set to 8 secs. It's displaying info fine, but no backlight on toggling the power switch clockwise.

Anyone have any ideas what's wrong with it? Is it easy to replace this if the backlight is broken?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

When you turn the camera on, the power switch pulls around a little more in the clockwise direction and slings back to its on position. this turns the backlight on., Is that not working for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Masada wrote: »
    When you turn the camera on, the power switch pulls around a little more in the clockwise direction and slings back to its on position. this turns the backlight on., Is that not working for you?

no, I have a D80, i know how to get it to work, it's just not working on hers? Was wondering if it's a common problem or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I used to have it every now and then at about the same time i was having battery indicator problems, I haven't noticed it since now that I think about it, I downloaded a firmware update from nikon to fix the battery problem so if ya try that ya might get somewhere.,:)

I think this is the link i used.,
    http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16091/~/d80-firmware:-a/-b-1.11---windows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Tried firmware upgrade...no joy. Anyone else experience this problem before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Do you leave "illumination on" in menu ? that leaves the backlight on all the time the camera is on. I leave that setting to off. It seems like your light has failed but don't know how difficult it is to replace.
    Nikon Service Centre
    Address: Isaacstown Rathmolyon, Navan
    Phone: 046 9557151

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

WOW - I just looked now & found that the D300 has a backlight illumination too. Never used it so had no idea it was there.

No idea how expensive it would be to fix, but how much would you use it?

Advertisement