Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 - Eircom Wireless Problems?

• 28-12-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

I can find my wireless network on xbox 360, and it seems to connect.

However, with a 'xbox live test', it says there is no connection to the internet.

Its none of the basic problems, such as passwords etc.

Anyone familiar with this? I have a linksys wireless router...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

You need to set your firewall to low and open up the relevant ports - there's a sticky at the top of the forum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

I had the same problem, just ring Eircom and they'll sort it out for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Daraflats

You need to set your firewall to low and open up the relevant ports - there's a sticky at the top of the forum ;)

Tried my way through this...

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Daraflats

AEH1984 wrote: »
    I had the same problem, just ring Eircom and they'll sort it out for ya

Ok, any idea what the problem is?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

From what I could gather it was a wpa/wpa2 problem, I rang Eircom broadband support and they were really helpful, was on the phone for about ten mins to them but they talk ya through it and my Xbox live is up and running now, no problems at all. I'm using a Belkin wireless adapter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Daraflats wrote: »
    Tried my way through this...

1. On your pc go to your router homepage (open internet explorer/firefox and go to 192.168.1.254).

2. Click custom services on the left and in the ‘service name’ dropdown box select ‘Xbox live games’. It will be near the bottom of the list. Click enable and in the ‘select host device’ dropdown box select the pc your Xbox is connected to. Click enable.

3. Set Firewall to low.

If you have done these steps it should be up and running.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement