Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCM Mirror popped off & I need to know how to get it back on...

Options
  • 28-12-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

My dad's away & his brand new CCM Bike got knocked over & the right mirror's popped off... It's kind of a ball & socket joint with the mirror being plastic and the arm black metal...

It should in my mind just pop back on but I can't find anyone strong enough...

Tried heating the mirror in hot water, lubing it with WD40 etc but no luck...

Also damaged some of the paint on the thing that goes around the handlebar... Any takers?

I have the number for CCM Ireland and I'll give them a go but I can't drive it over so I'm a bit stuck...

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

Heating it would make it expand if anything, if you're trying to make it smaller you should be putting it in the freezer.
    Aside from that I can't help I'm afraid, maybe it's listed in the manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Don't do too much damage trying to get it back on!
    I'm sure your dad will forgive you ;)
    Let him fix it properly when he's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bellemz

Thanks...I didn't manage to fix it myself, he did though, ended up putting it on the toaster to soften it up and it worked.

Poor man, no one wants to come home to: "I dropped your new bike..."

I'm still alive so we're all good!

Advertisement