Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potterton Myson Marathon 600B Gas Boiler

• 28-12-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi There, I am desperate for some advice, so please, if you can help...
    My 18 year old Potterton Myson Marathon Gas Boiler died a death on Sunday last (no, not yesterday, a week ago:( ) it's been a very interesting Christmas for me and the kids.

A mirror fell off the wall and knocked the wall socket off so while hubbie was fixing that ( with 'socket' trip-switch 'off') we heard another click (a different trip switch) and the heating cut out. Despite several attempts, the pilot light just won't stay on... no matter what I do to all the different controls. Can't get the pilot light to stay on or to get the main burners to fire. Small drips coming from pipes in gas boiler but perhaps with heat and expansion they might seal themselves?

Thought it might be thermocouple issue but can't get the same one as Gas and Oil have no stock and Potterton UK are closed till the 4th. Please, I can't do another week of no heat. :eek:

What do people advise, and what advice on getting a new boiler (brand? and from North?):confused:
    All advice welcomed!
    Purple_lush

Comments

It would be worth having a RGi http://www.rgii.ie/ look at it, they should carry universal thermocouples that may get you out of trouble, if you have to go for a new boiler then make sure you have your system power flushed and the boilers i like are Worcester Bosch or Viessmann, good luck, Gary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 purple_lush

thanks Gary...it's all in the timing, eh?
    purple_lush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gassafetysystem

A great boiler will last for ever as Garry said a universal TC lead should do the job get an RGI to fit it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 purple_lush

thanks so much for advice... will look into the best boiler to go for as a replacement... anyone got any suggestions on what is good? I'd like a condenser boiler...

Advertisement