Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dishwasher

Options
  • 28-12-2009 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

i have a whirlpool adp 2440 wh and the green light is flashing but it wont move from the prewash cycle. any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

Answer from the interweb!

"Well I contacted a couple of techy guys I know and they were not familiar with the dishwasher. I then called the outlet we had purchased from to see if they could refer us to a service technician. I explained what I wanted and the woman on the phone asked what the problem was - she then asked me to close the door of the dishwasher and hold down the start button for 30-40 seconds to see what happens, which I did. At about the 30 second mark the machine started. She said it was likely that someone had interrupted the last cycle and we had effectively reset it. It ran a further 30 seconds to complete that last part of the interrupted cycle and has been fine ever since. My wife took them a box of chocolates the next day. Shows to go ay? Kind regards Peter"

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Don Fanucci

I had the same issue. It started last week. It turns out that when the temperature drops outside, this happens on this unit. I'm not sure if it's the drain or inlet that's the root cause, but here's what I did to fix it. Pour a cup of water into the dishwater. Close the door and turn the knob to the desired setting (irrespective if the light only goes to Pre-rinse or not). Hold in the start button until it starts. It should run some sort of pre- cycle for 30 seconds or so. After that, load up the dishwasher, pour another cup of water in and start the cycle as normal. It should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭neeb

Low temp can freeze the outlet pipe and a good dishwasher won't start. A bad one will run as normal and flood the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

I had the same issue. It started last week. It turns out that when the temperature drops outside, this happens on this unit. I'm not sure if it's the drain or inlet that's the root cause, but here's what I did to fix it. Pour a cup of water into the dishwater. Close the door and turn the knob to the desired setting (irrespective if the light only goes to Pre-rinse or not). Hold in the start button until it starts. It should run some sort of pre- cycle for 30 seconds or so. After that, load up the dishwasher, pour another cup of water in and start the cycle as normal. It should be ok.

worked a treat. thanks for that

Advertisement