Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noisy, ineffective water pump!

• 28-12-2009 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi all,
    I have a 7 year old apartment which has a water cylinder in the hot press which uses a pump system to feed the water into the taps, shower etc. The pump is very noisy, and continues to pump intermitently after the taps have been turned off. Is this normal? Also, in order for the washing machine in the kitchen to work I have to turn on the machine and then run the hot water tap in the kitchen sink to get the machine to fill up. It's the same problem with the shower. The shower is over the bath and I have to turn the shower on, then run the bath taps to get the pump to kick in. After a few seconds the shower starts and I can then turn of the taps in the bath! Surely this is not normal either. Has anyone else come across this problem? Have I any comeback with the builders at this stage if the plumbing was initally installed incorrectly? There was someone else living there for the last few years and it has only been brought to my attention recently.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks

Advertisement