Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water won't heat up since three radiators bled

• 28-12-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Hey, I did have a look at already covered topics but really hoping for a little help with this one.

Bled three radiators last week, was feeling very accomplished as a 28 year old female that the heating was then spot on working but since then, water in the tank hasn't been heating up at all. Should I bled all the radiators rather than just three?

Can't get a break at all :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gassafetysystem

You may have robbed the water from the cylinder circut to fill the rads and need to top up the system check if small tank in attic is full of water(if one fitted)or top up valve at cylinder is turned on

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Yes check the ball in the attic as they some times get stuck.
    your attic tank might be empty.

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Strokesfan wrote: »
    Hey, I did have a look at already covered topics but really hoping for a little help with this one.

Bled three radiators last week, was feeling very accomplished as a 28 year old female that the heating was then spot on working but since then, water in the tank hasn't been heating up at all. Should I bled all the radiators rather than just three?

Can't get a break at all :rolleyes:

Tanks store water in attic, cylinders store hot water, sinks for washing dishes, basins in bathrooms, your on the way to being a plumber so might be useful to know those.

Their is a coil in your cylinder, its part of heating system, it could be air locked. Have a look close to cylinder, should be two pipes connecting into it from the side, one of those pipes has a small wheel head valve, make sure thats open, only a few turns from closed.

If your rad valves are fairly new (old ones might leak) turn off all rads, one side of each will do.

Turn on your heating at coldest setting, go to cylinder, near the cylinder their should be whats called a bottle vent, brass fitting with a little screw cap, it should be attached to one of pipes going into cylinder (top coil heating pipe). Open the little cap on top of bottle vent, have listen for air, you might want to have a towel in case of any weeps after all air removed.

With the boiler still on, bring up temperature, check that both coil pipes heat up, top one first, bottom one should heat up very soon after.

Once both pipes are hot, you have circulation, which means your cylinder will heat up.

Look for a thread a few down, luke warm rad I think its called, I've wrote up how to balance a system. Might be worth looking at.

I'll take it that your heating system has a supply of water should it need to top up as your venting, not wanting to confuse the matter just have it in mind.

Best of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

The fist thing to do is ascertain if you have a closed central heating system or a system fed from small tank in attic.

Advertisement