Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPoker HU Cash....any way to get a game going???

Options
  • 28-12-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I play mainly MTT tourneys on another site, however I decided to start playing HU cash a couple of weeks ago and thought ipoker would be a good place to play (got a good first-deposit bonus to clear) and make some experience. So I made a deposit, these are really "gambling" money as my bankroll is elsewhere and will eventually play HU cash there later next year, but until I get really good I want to keep them separated - so I hope to win, but little I care if I lose these money, I take this as price to pay for my training curve :D

So basically I am playing 400nl ($) HU and I am trying to get a game going, I am not patient to sit down and wait for somebody to join my table, and want to play different players if possible, so I usually go and just sit down with whichever regular waiting for a fish. I only play 1 table for now, but will slowly try with 2 in the next weeks. Of course if I recognise some weak player I played before I play him. Now the problem is that it is hard to get a game going sometimes! Some sitout instantly, and a lot sitout after 3 hands!!! I mean it, 3 hands.....this happened to me 10 times (litterally) this morning.....and nothing spectacular happened in those 3 hands and they don't know if I am good/bad as with most of them I have never played before! So I don't get it, why to they do this? I am not confortable enough to move up to 600nl as I just started and don't want to give money away so quickly..... I have little time for this (like 2 h/day max) as I need to use the rest for mtt at evening + work + real life.

What is the best way to get a game going? sit and wait? Keep chasing regulars around? Change site???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Are you sitting with the full buy in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

tipp86 wrote: »
    Are you sitting with the full buy in ?

yes always

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Put money on as many sites as you can is the only way really. There are so many guys that won't even play you 1 hand. A lot of them just sit there waiting for 20bb stacks to play them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

i'll play you for an hour or two now if you like..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

[nicK] wrote: »
    i'll play you for an hour or two now if you like..

playing a guy called PoliceMan107 at the moment, but would like later!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

cool, i've pm'd you my sn anyway if you fancy it after..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

timeline-ipoker.png?1694

nice

Advertisement