Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toboggans & Sledge

Options
  • 28-12-2009 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

If anyone knows of good local spots for tobogganing during the current cold snap please post here. I'm particularly thinking of the wooden type with steel rails. Unlike the kids plastic ones, they work better on hard packed snow, so a place that is used by some other like minded people is good. Otherwise a road with little traffic can be good, if your steering is good.
    Anywhere in the country although I'm more interested in Dublin/Wicklow mountains myself.
    To start off; there was a popular field just below Glencree village in Wicklow two years ago, but I'm not sure if the landowner has fenced it off since?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Some photos from Glencree yesterday; it should be good there for another week at least.

Advertisement