Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No calls for Gerry Adams to resign - why not?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Voipjunkie wrote: »
    Have been reading the thread on this over on politics.ie and I note with some amusement that the Shinners are studiously avoiding the issue of why the brits never used this over 22 years to blacken the Adams name and why Adams allowed his brother to continue in any roll in Sinn Fein given that he was an obvious target for MI5 to turn him as an informer.

Given Donaldson and Scap it looks like MI5 had another highly placed informer in the shape of one or both of the Adams brothers. As otherwise it is hard to fathom why the securicrats as Martin calls them chose to keep this a secret.

Difficult one to take for the Shinners facing up to the fact that their leader is a British agent or allowed someone who was a British agent to operate within Sinn Fein.

The Daily Telegraph, which seems to have access to the spooks, hinted at this when Scap was outed. They said scap' was exposed to protect a senior sinn fein figure. of course if you are a republican this is just dirty tricks from british intelligence.
    Also in a book i read the author kept hinting that higher ups in the IRA knew about Scap being an informer. I guess it'll all come out in the wash when all the players are dead in years to come. As for the abuse, it would obviously be easier to shop your brother if you had a bad relationship with him. I mean who wants to believe the worst about someone you are close to. However, that being said, if it's proved he had conclusive proof his brother was a paedophile and was aware that he attained jobs working with children it's inexcusable.

Advertisement