Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - bill cancellation -overpayment- refund?

Options
  • 28-12-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi there,

After many torturous months of service I finally decided to cancel my full service with NTL.

I asked how I would be billed, I was told that after 2 months of cancellation I would be paying 2 months service and cancellation fee. That was fine.

After two weeks I began receiving text messages to say my bill was overdue/ If I didn't pay it etc... And I rang continuously about this to ask if they were to issue me a bill I would pay it (I had originally asked that to happen but they said it HAS to be two months on the phone).

Eventually the bill arrives. 288 euro. I pay it and call them to ask if that was it. The girl says on the phone that the bill was a mistake, and that they would reissue another bill, but I had already paid this amount and I wanted to know what would happen.

I was told a cheque would be sent to refund the overpaid amount.

Has anyone who has dealt with this company ever been refunded? Or do they have a bad reputation as I have read recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

When we moved house, we got a refund on the last bill (came to ~€40).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I did get a refund from NTL but it took several months and they had this weird thing of sending several payments of small amounts over a couple of months rather then one payment of everything owed.

Advertisement