Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conversations at the Aras

• 28-12-2009 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

On RTE Radio 1 now...and for the next 5 days.

Seemed like a good idea...and I love to hear Mary McAleese speak.

But my goodness, the poet Paula Meehan...her words are good, but listening to her recite her poem was ...difficult. Just my opinion, of course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Great woman to speak is Máire.

Another talking shop, with great aspirations, great ideas and no action.

(haven't heard it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

On RTE Radio 1 now...and for the next 5 days.

Seemed like a good idea...and I love to hear Mary McAleese speak.

But my goodness, the poet Paula Meehan...her words are good, but listening to her recite her poem was ...difficult. Just my opinion, of course.

I overheard this today. I thought it was satire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

I'd be a Radio One fan but heard the start of this programme for each of the last two mornings and couldn't hack it for more than thirty seconds...I think it was because the President was going on again about the Irish at home and abroad and...zzz...zzz...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

exact same opinion here.

I listened to about 10 mins yesterday and I am about to turn it off now after a few minutes.

I, too, am an RTE 1 fan. From morning ireland to drive time, I listen to all everyday, but this is not ringing my bell at all.

Today's episode is talking to the celtic cubs, the poor unfortunate young people who are affected by the downturn. I am falling asleep.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Slightly different format than last years...but it's just another version of magnolia in an empty spare room in a new estate in Rathangan. Bland radio. Earnest social study whimsy not done too interestingly is what I thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement