Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any kick box classes in offaly?

Options
  • 28-12-2009 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey, im living in Edenderry and im cant find any kickboxing classes around. :(
    anyone knows any in the area? (Offaly)
    And how friendly those are to foreigners? (i am foreigner :P )

thanks for the intel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Yep outside Supermacs, Tullamore, 2.30am sunday morning:p

I remember talking to an auctioneer from Edenderry there about 6 months ago. As far as i remember he used to train in Mullingar. If thats too far there's plenty of boxing clubs about.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bycikas

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Yep outside Supermacs, Tullamore, 2.30am sunday morning:p

2:30 AM ?!?! you are kidding right ? :D
    and how often fights are there ;)

now seriously.. are there any clubs around? mullingar is toooo far. Tullamore would be fine, but couldn't find anything :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

As far as i know there's just the boxing club. But theres one of them in Edenderry. If i hear anything of one closer il let you know

Dusty87 wrote: »
    As far as i know there's just the boxing club. But theres one of them in Edenderry. If i hear anything of one closer il let you know

I know about the boxing one,but i'm interested in kickboxing.. I'll appreciate any info about them ;) thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

Hi Bycikas
    I have seen a sign up in Daingean opposite the centra shop advertising kickboxing classes every wednesday. Is that any good to you.

• Advertisement

lockers55 wrote: »
    Hi Bycikas
    I have seen a sign up in Daingean opposite the centra shop advertising kickboxing classes every wednesday. Is that any good to you.

Any contact details? And are there adult classes? (I'm 21)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

have no idea mate just drove passed it yesterday. Didnt really get a good luck at it. Go up yourself and have a look its on a big massive road sign opposite the centra shop.

lockers55 wrote: »
    have no idea mate just drove passed it yesterday. Didnt really get a good luck at it. Go up yourself and have a look its on a big massive road sign opposite the centra shop.

as soon as i'll have a chance ill do it.
    Thanks.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thechampishere

theres kickboxing in birr and athlone now also try the mma forum for info
    [EMAIL="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055594734"]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055594734[/EMAIL] :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

There is kickboxing in the town hall in daingean on a wednesday night. They cater for all levels, from kids all the way up to experienced adults afaik. I know a few guys who compete that use this centre and they say its pretty good. I'll try get some contact details and post them here tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Actually I just found this online. It seems you are spoilt for choice with the same people running classes in both Daingean and in Carbury. Both less than 10 minutes from Edenderry. I actuall know John and Jay Daniels and they are sound guys and Jay is a good kickboxer so whilst I've never done the sport I'm sure they'd help in any way they can

I hope the link below helps

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭leonkickboxing

Kickboxing In Athlone, Wed and Fri evenings PM me for details,

Dont think i know a club that does not have Foreigners:)

Advertisement