Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band of rain/sleet/snow pushing up from the south 29th+30th Dec - Snowstorm or not?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

That is what i call a forecast and a half,love when he said these things have a habit of kicking you in the teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I got the feeling The Eagle thinks it may be Snow but expierence has him saying Rain although I loved the line about these things "kicking ya". White New Year looks possible but hard to know how far inland the showers on Thursday and Friday will make it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

mad DIY wrote: »
    Well, he wasn't going to find any wintry scenes in Dublin, was he !

Maybe not, but why did he not say he was Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Rougies wrote: »
    Lol, the Eagle said "record breaking sn......", but stopped himself short and said "cold"

Upgrade from him he said he "thinks it will be rain", but "these things have a habit of kicking you in the teeth"! :D

Better, much better ;)

Still looking good for the east from Thursday.

did anyone else notice that? Almost a Freudian slip ;)

inabina wrote: »
    Eagleton FIRMLY calling it Rain. barely mentioned sleet. At least he is willing to call it. He makes his opinion clear. Hats off at least for calling it. Unlike Jean Byrne who really is not up to it in my opinion. Lets hope John is wrong.

I think you need to watch that again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

When exactly do ye think we will be seeing some proper cold air coming in from the east? Wednesday onwards, or is it already starting to arrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 jackhack

Light rain falling in mid kerry now and it`s 4 degrees but feels like -4 with an ice cold east wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

leahyl wrote: »
    The Eagle is after backtracking BIG TIME!! He's now saying "probably rain". Earlier it was a sure thing with no mention of snow!! He must have been lurking on here or else taking tips from the beeb;)!

Definitely sounded like he was aware people were disagreeing with him.

Certainly did,ya wanna hear me at the tv:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I almost feel sorry for the eagle..

its very difficult to call and many people expect answers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yes i did!! I started laughing out loud and i think i said "go on Eagleton!" Thank god i was in the house alone....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

On the up side snow on new years eve looks a certainty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

will the front make it as far north as South Meath? looking at the rte forecast he seemed to show it as far as Dublin city centre?

Maybe not, but why did he not say he was Galway?

Maybe RTE didnt want to pay his travel expenses. Once they have his voice on a microphone, its does matter where he phyiscally is.

Lol, the Eagle said "record breaking sn......", but stopped himself short and said "cold"
    If this is record breaking cold then is this it? A few frosty mornings? No snow (well, very little). Glad I lived to see this.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Is there anywhere online i can watch the forecast, i missed it.

baraca wrote: »
    Is there anywhere online i can watch the forecast, i missed it.

Will probably be up online in a couple of hours baraca, unless someone recorded it to post up?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

I really enjoyed that forecast. It goes to show how an inaccurate science weather forecasting is. Not sure how far north the rain or snow would go, not sure even if it would be snow, not sure about Thursday either. I must give the Eagle a lot of credit for just admitting just how much is unknown.

I don't think anyone would blame him, not alone kick him, if he get it wrong. The Eagle is king in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Yeah lol, I nearly jumped out of my seat when he said that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Will probably be up online in a couple of hours baraca, unless someone recorded it to post up?

Thanks, RTE Player yeah?

• Advertisement

If this is record breaking cold then is this it? A few frosty mornings? No snow (well, very little). Glad I lived to see this.:pac::pac::pac:

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning:pac:

baraca wrote: »
    Thanks, RTE Player yeah?

Yep B, the older player:

http://www.rte.ie/news/

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Leeside wrote: »
    I really enjoyed that forecast. It goes to show how an inaccurate science weather forecasting is. Not sure how far north the rain or snow would go, not sure even if it would be snow, not sure about Thursday either. I must give the Eagle a lot of credit for just admitting just how much is unknown.

I don't think anyone would blame him, not alone kick him, if he get it wrong. The Eagle is king in my view.

Indeed. There was a slight bit of uncertainty there for tomorrows forcast. He did not 100% commit.

Leeside wrote: »
    I must give the Eagle a lot of credit for just admitting just how much is unknown.

I agree! The Eagle is the MAN!:D I also really admire that he just admits it when he doesn't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

If you go to Live TV and then News Now you will see the forecast at the end of the news. Its worth waiting for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Rob McElwee in serious Ramp mode on News 24, He was saying he hopes it all turns to snow beacause it "looks nice" LOL

untitled-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

6C in Kerry at the moment:rolleyes:

leahyl wrote: »
    I agree! The Eagle is the MAN!:D I also really admire that he just admits it when he doesn't know!

Yes honesty is the best policy.
    Hey he must of spotted that post i think by Rougies about being honest to the people:pac:

forkassed wrote: »
    Rob McElwee in serious Ramp mode on News 24, He was saying he hopes it all turns to snow beacause it "looks nice" LOL

untitled-2.jpg

Would you look at the south there!! COVERED in white!!:D

• Advertisement

mad DIY wrote: »
    Definitely sounded like he was aware people were disagreeing with him.
    You can take it as fact that this forum and this thread is read in Glasnevin.
    The Eagle knows it could go either way.

Hi Evelyn,I don't care what the others say,you're definitely the nicest wan in there :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement