Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band of rain/sleet/snow pushing up from the south 29th+30th Dec - Snowstorm or not?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

You mean the "Chrimbo Babe" machine?

Become him and I will personally drive up there and slap you in the face.

Twice. :D

Chrimbo babe has hung up her boots.. She was out on christmas eve doing her last performance of 2009........ ( she doesnt work in the cold seriousloy) .. Did get an email off a tool last night in Cork looking for a "chrimbo babe" on New Years eve... fell around & then I realised poor dude prob going to propose or something.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Min wrote: »
    Its arriving here now, sleet, the snow is around the corner.

Same now in the city, or it could be wishful thinking!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

jenzz wrote: »
    Chrimbo babe has hung up her boots.. She was out on christmas eve doing her last performance of 2009........ ( she doesnt work in the cold seriousloy) .. Did get an email off a tool last night in Cork looking for a "chrimbo babe" on New Years eve... fell around & then I realised poor dude prob going to propose or something.. lol

Aaawww.... Proposing like that! I'd love him forever LOL:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I can now confirm sleet almost right on the east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the wind has strengthened here. the precipitation, whatever it will be, can't be too far away...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

4/2 in Dublin Airport now.

We need that to hit 3/0 and then we will start getting some interesting reports.

Good few hours till that though i would think.

Dew point looks like sticking to around 0.5c i reckon and then lowering to subzero during decent precip.

Its a 1c game today folks.;)

In Swords it's 6.5C, according to my car. Some way to go, I think before I get to break out the ski gear.

leahyl wrote: »
    Aaawww.... Proposing like that! I'd love him forever LOL:D

yeah until she realises its ruining her hair & decks him lol....I told him his next task is to make real snow lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Sleety rain in South Tipp.Top 60% of Slievenamon seems to be getting snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

are you on high ground though?

yes about 500ft up, started as rain last night, heavy sleet this morning and now wet snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭houseoffun14

Raining in Drogheda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

sky news weather giving a whole wet day for ireland tommorrow:o

I say they are on the money:mad:

Bit of sleet falling there.. Catty is still totally clear - not a white spec on her at all

its just raining in Lucan. Grey skys. Horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Already told him that:)
    WolfeIRE wrote: »
    you can find your height here http://www.earthtools.org/

jenzz wrote: »
    yeah until she realises its ruining her hair & decks him lol....I told him his next task is to make real snow lol

Now jenz that is a very big generalisation about women! I wouldn't give 2 hoots about my hair .....as long as he was presenting me with a big rock of a diamond HAHA! Kidding;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Graces7 wrote: »
    Already told him that:)

thats confusing when you put in your postcode it goes to africa! how do you get it to goto your house and measure your height up thx?

Now jenz that is a very big generalisation about women! I wouldn't give 2 hoots about my hair .....as long as he was presenting me with a big rock of a diamond HAHA! Kidding;)

Sorry Ladies I meant it in a different way. Forgot christmas night ( severly under the influence) we snowed my friends house. About 2 am. We wanted to get a photo to send to her brother in law in Spain. So he snowed us all & what did we do ... "me hair", "State me hair", "will ye look state me", "me bleedin hair"............ Now had he been standing there with a rock he could have shaved my hair off for all I would care ......lol

It took me to China at first!

It goes first by country on the drop down list, then go to places and type in the nearest large town.

Does not understand post codes.

owenc wrote: »
    thats confusing when you put in your postcode it goes to africa! how do you get it to goto your house and measure your height up thx?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

It took me to China at first!

It goes first by country on the drop down list, then go to places and type in the nearest large town.

Does not understand post codes.

ok thanks i will check it out now according to that im 150ft up...

"Chrimbo" is Scouse ie Liverpool...

If you remember "Brookside.." Jimmy Corkhill always talked of "Chrimbo"
    Well to be fair his accent is a bit annoying! And who calls Christmas CHRIMBO! What he does is sweet though just a pity that he's so irritating;)!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

heavy occasional bursts of sleet still in Navan,wouldnt be surprised if it turned to snow in the next few hours. I have no idea what the temperature is here as my thermometer isnt the best of the bunch but i would hazard a guess at maybe 2.5 - 3.5c.

"Chrimbo" is Scouse ie Liverpool...

If you remember "Brookside.." Jimmy Corkhill always talked of "Chrimbo"

Yes but the guy in the ad is definitely NOT a scouser! Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

6 miles from the coast but at 500 ft asl, in Co. Louth. This is such a hard one to call... I feel that if it snows at all today here, it's gonna snow bucketloads over the next 60 hours. Any comments on this are welcome:D

Thoughts on Irish Sea synoptics? 6.2 Celcius at M2 is not conducive to snow inland. It's gonna have to drop considerably, which can only happen if it's not circulating air from England and north France. Scotland/North Sea = success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

Definite sleet here now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Sleet mixed with snow here. Turning increasingly to snow. 1.5C (down from 2.5 an hour ago).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

A great site for local topography in ireland is http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicviewer/main.aspx#V1,600000,750000,0

Select the Hybrid Map on the right and zoom in on your area until you see the elevation contours (every 10m). It's also great for other things too, like aerial coverage of all parts of Ireland for 2005, 2000, and 1995, local historical sites, etc :)

paddybar wrote: »
    Definite sleet here now

Cool! Could turn to the aul snow for you so:) and then it might decide to move towards the city:rolleyes:!

Btw has stopped raining now in the city... For the moment anyway

Ah well; we are a cosmopolitan nation!
    Yes but the guy in the ad is definitely NOT a scouser! Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

it will flood here before it snows. temp 4 deg dp 2 very windy and lots of rain.

• Advertisement

Su Campu wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm allowed post this for copyright reasons so mods please remove if that's the case.

This is the 12Z Low Level (below 10,000ft) aviation weather chart for today from the Met Briefing site.

It's divided into different areas (A, B, C, etc.) with the expected weather for each area in the table to the right.

We're in areas B and C (and D for the far south coast). It's mostly rain and sleet in area C, with very localised snow in some parts (high ground). D has heavy rain.

The 18Z chart will be issued around 2pm.

100163.png
    Thanks for that.
    I still have to point out though that it is an opinion rather similar to Mr Eagletons last night.
    Ergo it has a chance of being wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement