Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band of rain/sleet/snow pushing up from the south 29th+30th Dec - Snowstorm or not?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Christmas Day in Donegal
    Hope yous all have pics like this coming through :)
    1005912.jpg w800.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Pangea wrote: »
    Christmas Day in Donegal
    Hope yous all have pics like this coming through :)
    1005912.jpg w800.png

Oh my god i am in heaven:):p!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Been raining since this morning and the rain here has now turned to sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

baraca wrote: »
    Raining here in wexford since early this morning that's what i expected though so i ain't disappointed, Is there still a chance of it turning to snow down here tonight and through the early hours of wednesday i wonder. Internet is too slow today too check charts and everything as usual :rolleyes:

Well I'm in the same boat as you, very heavy rain, don't think it will turn to snow, too near the coast. Hope I'm wrong, some of the experts on here might be able to enlighten you more as to whether it will turn to snow or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Min wrote: »
    Snowing about 10 miles north of me on the Kilkenny/Laois border on the higher ground there, fields and everything white now.

It is nearly at the snow stage here.
    I am 3 miles from said border and it is still sleety rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Still snowing heavily here. Temp 0.5c
    How far north has it spread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

In Tallaght on foothills of Dublin mountains up towards hell fire club, very heavy rain all day slowly but surely getting very sleety like with snow mixed in. Sky is completely black and air has that snowy feel about it. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

still just sleety mix in Navan, more rain at the moment though. Gdzie jest sneig? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

No; Donegal.... ;)
    leahyl wrote: »
    Oh my god i am in heaven:):p!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

In Kilkenny city at present - 60m ASL. Quite heavy and cold rain now. Not a hint of snow, though if it did turn to snow, it would fall in copious amounts and would be more likely to stick.

Hope that doesn't happen though, at least not until after 19.00 when I'll be back in the Déise! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

no precip of any kind here for at least 2-3 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

4PM Snow Report

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

MetLuver wrote: »
    Gdzie jest sneig? :rolleyes:

Jest w Galway!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭North Cork

Rain has now turned to sleet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Quote:
    Originally Posted by leahyl
    Donegal Postman is that you? Have you moved to West Mayo?

Tis not I Leahyl and Pangea... although I would highly recommend that any one from Donegal moves to Mayo…preferably to Swinford.;)

It might not be very scientific but if birds migrate to warmer climates by instinct rather than intelligence, then I can believe they know what weather is coming in the short term... not to mention the foxes, donegal postmen, otters and old men from the mayo islands who can ‘read the sky’. :eek:

snow ghost wrote: »
    Quote:

Tis not I Leahyl and Pangea... although I would highly recommend that any one from Donegal moves to Mayo…preferably to Swinford.;)

It might not be very scientific but if birds migrate to warmer climates by instinct rather than intelligence, then I can believe they know what weather is coming in the short term... not to mention the foxes, donegal postmen, otters and old men from the mayo islands who can ‘read the sky’. :eek:

LOL! Ah Westport - i remember spending many a childhood holiday up there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

still snowing here, starting to lodge on grass and on my driveway.
    Its not particularly heavy but its persistant

I am in heaven right now:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Supercell wrote: »
    Just took a little look out, snow seems to be lying at around 275metres in the back fields, must be insane amounts up higher.

100187.jpg

Super - which side are you ? Laragh or Roundwood

MUSEIST wrote: »
    still snowing here, starting to lodge on grass and on my driveway.
    Its not particularly heavy but its persistant

I am in heaven right now:D:D:D

indeed you are and heaven is not far from me at the moment it seems - tipp isn't THAT far from Cork City....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Snowing here, raintoday.co.uk have it fairly accurate, focus in on Kilkenny and the bit to the right between Kilkenny and 'comer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

jenzz wrote: »
    Super - which side are you ? Laragh or Roundwood

Annamoe - right in the middle between Laragh and Roundwood, though i'm a fair bit off the main road, on the foothills of Scarr which must have about 30cm + of snow above 300 metres or so by now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Well my wife is driving so I'll provide enroute updates as we cross the midlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tipping down in a gale here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Now that is interesting.

I was planning to move back to Mayo, in the autumn, to the house I was in long ago when I first came to Ireland..

But I was let down about it and nothing else came up...

My instinct was right then..

And I am sure it will snow here tonight.
    snow ghost wrote: »
    Quote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Rain turning to sleet right now 140m asl North Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Still sleet here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    4PM Snow Report

Nice map.

Very much following the boards.ie forecast so far, starting as rain and turning into sleet & snow as it moves north, the next question is whether it will stall on that Galway to Wicklow axis where it's snowing at the moment or will it travel further north before it gets beaten back by the cold air.

Temperature creeping slowly down, lowest of the day now at 1.7°C, DP1.0°C, almost there :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Western_sean

Snowing heavily in the Burren about 8 miles south of Ballyvaughan about 2 inches so far!

• Advertisement

make that 1.6°C and DP 0.9°C, slowly slowly catchy monkey!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement