Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band of rain/sleet/snow pushing up from the south 29th+30th Dec - Snowstorm or not?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

its stopped doing anyhting in Kilkenny City!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    7PM Snow Report Update

great job you're doing there Wolfe - keep it up:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Absolutely freezing bitter sleety rain here all day. In danger of maybe localised flooding and precious little else :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

24hr precipitation to 6pm
    Valentia 29mm
    Cork AP 27mm
    Johnstown Castle 18mm
    Casement 13mm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    7PM Snow Report Update

i'm not sure if mallow should be on this really - it was only a few flakes!
    nothing heavy which then turned sleety.

btw is teh met eireann radar broke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

If places get significant falls over the next few days plus with more falls likely to come further down the line and seemingly no end to the cold snap itself this could surely get fairly nasty for alot of the country ?

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

raining for the last 1/2 hour now turning to sleet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

snowing in mallow in cork - not very much but definately not sleet!

i took the above as a snow report. Ill leave it on munsterlegend. It at least will give an indication for anyone on higher ground in that area.

By the way, the NRA site has crashed (excuse the pun) but a temp site is now online at http://www.trafficweather.info/roadWeather/rwisMap.jsp?client=208

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

I'm shattered,been on here since 9 this morning(Ihave no life)is it always this interesting?

paddybar wrote: »
    I'm shattered,been on here since 9 this morning(Ihave no life)is it always this interesting?

me either! I never even got dressed....:o i have to go have a shower in a minute...this is pathetic really..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think the front could be dying out in the east, Sky news said the entire system will weaken and get patchy by later 2nite and 2moro over the Uk and Ireland and I think they could be right judging by the met eireann radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

paddybar wrote: »
    Yes always, anyway off to watch the pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

owenc wrote: »
    yes some event this is am getting tired of this easterly wind the moment since its come the temps have risen and risen upto 2c now the highest it has been all day never getting any snow or frost at this rate is horrible rubbish melting all our frost and snow!!!!!!!! arggg!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Owen man, relax. I dont recall the north being down for much snow over the next couple of days? You will be far better favoured towards the end of the week.

200motels wrote: »

Come on the pool! God knows they need a win...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

let's hope for a better result there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Gonzo wrote: »
    I think the front could be dying out in the east, Sky news said the entire system will weaken and get patchy by later 2nite and 2moro over the Uk and Ireland and I think they could be right judging by the met eireann radar.

there seems to be nothing coming up from the south in the irish radar or british met office - are they right or is there a problem?

has anyone a link to another satellite site for precipitation approaching the south coast?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Owen man, relax. I dont recall the north being down for much snow over the next couple of days? You will be far better favoured towards the end of the week.

Yep i know that but its pretty annoying being under cloud and no precipitation and just rising temps melting everything ..... believe me now this is annoying we really have no need for this cloud to be here considering there is nothing coming out of it... it really is frustrating i wish it would pack up and give the northerners a frosty night till snow comes next week... at this rate i'd say itll be 4c by the morning.:rolleyes:

there seems to be nothing coming up from the south in the irish radar or british met office - are they right or is there a problem?

has anyone a link to another satellite site for precipitation approaching the south coast?

I've noticed that the chart on the bbc website has completely changed from earlier - there is now hardly any white for the next 24 hours - well not over the south anyway and there was loads earlier - sorry i'm not up on the technical terms!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Phew back on full boards instead of mobile.
    Carpark is full of slush here in Galway city temp is 1.1 and water is dripping every where. It's dry at the moment.

Some pics from the M6 toll both area which had the heaviest snow on the way from Dublin

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4225425807_3428fb730d_b.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2597/4225421645_e3d053ae5b_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

update from sandyford. Temp risen from 2.6 tp 3.1. Lashing rain, sleet gone. Not a happy but sad camper. worn out with this but loving it. time for a drink to keep up the cheer:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Hope your right Mickger, what's the temp now?

Temp is 2.9c now so hopefully it will drop more.

dloob wrote: »
    Phew back on full boards instead of mobile.
    Carpark is full of slush here in Galway city temp is 1.1 and water is dripping every where. It's dry at the moment.

Some pics from the M6 toll both area which had the heaviest snow on the way from Dublin

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4225425807_3428fb730d_b.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2597/4225421645_e3d053ae5b_b.jpg

aaaww fab dloob - i love how the snow makes everywhere look like a ghost town:)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Heavy snow now in TIPP TOWN, GLEN OF AHERLOW, GALBALLY CO. LIMERICK AND BALLYLANDERS CO LIMERICK. Started snowing about 6 30 and shows no sign of stopping. Hard to believe its lodging after all the rain in the last 24 hours here.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Temp now 4C here in Swords. Moderate precipitation in the form of cold rain with drops of colder rain mixed in.

If Carlsberg did cold spells, this wouldn't be it :D

The GFS ensembles forecast the 850 Temps dropping a few degrees as we approach New Year, so all still in play for the East.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

i would not be too concerned with lack of precip coming up from the south, this band will just pivot on the country and hopefully turn into a stubborn wave and will "develop a mind of its own" as the eagle would say:confused:

kakee wrote: »
    Heavy snow now in TIPP TOWN, GLEN OF AHERLOW, GALBALLY CO. LIMERICK AND BALLYLANDERS CO LIMERICK. Started snowing about 6 30 and shows no sign of stopping. Hard to believe its lodging after all the rain in the last 24 hours here.

sweet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Id stay on here if i was you!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

heavy snow for a time in longford now.

roads are slushy. paths are very dangerous and slippy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

dloob wrote: »
    water is dripping every where. It's dry at the moment.

Yeah Dloob, would have much preferred if it stayed dry rather than this rubbish to be honest. Place is fast becoming saturated again. Christ but for just a week of totally dryness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

kakee wrote: »

What's got it snowing in the west and not in Dublin when cold air is supposed to be coming from the east? Local cold already in place?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement