Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate floors

• 28-12-2009 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all

i am going to be laying laminate floor on a concrete floor on the 6 floor what is the best underlay to use i dont want me laminate to be to cold by just being layed on the concrete what should i use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

All the places that stock laminate flooring will also sell underlay, there's not a huge difference between them all to be honest, they all do the job. I fit all brands of laminate flooring and they are all very similar, just a case of where is handier for you personally, shop around as different places (woodies, ikea, b&q etc) will have offers on so you dont need to be nervous about going for the best price as they are all exactly the same.

Just a tip - its important to tape all the joints of the underlay together, so that it is sealed tight and there are no gaps and so you have a good even surface underneath your laminate flooring. I've lost count of how many floors i've had to pull up and redo the underlay as people cut corners first time round.

Hope that helps!
    Lee

Advertisement