Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing Scotland

Options
  • 28-12-2009 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Anybody ever been surfing in Scotland? Moving over there with work next week thinking of taking the board seeing as I'll only get home twice a month if im lucky. I'll be based in Edinburgh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭roundcrisis

I heard that they do, Doesnt seem to be as good as here tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

Anybody ever been surfing in Scotland? Moving over there with work next week thinking of taking the board seeing as I'll only get home twice a month if im lucky. I'll be based in Edinburgh.

I saw a doco once on surfing off the west coast of scotland. Looked pretty cool, but cold...(colder than here...)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

BarryCreed wrote: »
    I saw a doco once on surfing off the west coast of scotland. Looked pretty cool, but cold...(colder than here...)

Its amazing how the powers of google are lost on some people.

http://www.oneill.com/cwc/scotland

The only reason more people arent talking about Scotland is Carve is too focused on Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

Ill be ending up in Edinburgh too in September and have been looking into this.Seems to be some surf clubs up around there and if you look at the local photos on magicseaweed they seem to get good enough surf,lots of offshore winds too.The north sea is meant to be freezing cold though.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Nearly 300Km from Edinburgh to the north coast, so you'll be doing loads of driving I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

North Coast doesnt seem to be an essential trip for some surf,maybe once in a while but even down edinburgh way you should be able to get some surf in.

Advertisement