Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downloading games to the Hard Drive

• 28-12-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Can someone please explain to me how I go about doing this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

not sure if i know what you mean.But you need xboxlive membership go online to xboxlive select game d/l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

He's on about installing games to the harddrive, I think. Insert the game, go to it's window in the dashboard and press Y for details to install. If you have auto startup enabled you will have to exist the game to do this and go back to the dashboard after inserting the disc. Some games can't be installed like Modern Warfare 2 does not have this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

Sorry should have explained more, I'm looking to store games from the gaming disc to the hard drive just to save on loading times and noise levels, I know I'll still need the disc to play the game but wouldn't mind cutting down the time

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

Thanks Captain Chaos that was the answer I was looking for

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

He's on about installing games to the harddrive, I think. Insert the game, go to it's window in the dashboard and press Y for details to install. If you have auto startup enabled you will have to exist the game to do this and go back to the dashboard after inserting the disc. Some games can't be installed like Modern Warfare 2 does not have this option.

Dont know where you got this idea from ..MW2 can be installed to the hard disk.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Dont know where you got this idea from ..MW2 can be installed to the hard disk.

Really?, its the only game I have out of 30 or so that won't give me the option to do so. The install option is just not there on the menue.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Really?, its the only game I have out of 30 or so that won't give me the option to do so. The install option is just not there on the menue.:confused:

Yes it should load for you, mine did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

thought you have to play the game first

then exit and goto the game in the list of recient games

then press y

think the feature worked much better on the original xbox :D:D:D

mukki wrote: »
    thought you have to play the game first

then exit and goto the game in the list of recient games

then press y

You don't have to play the game first at all. It ends up like that for most people because most people have autorun enabled on the disc drive. I have that disabled so when I put a game in nothing happens until I tell it to.

You don't have to go into your recent games list, but its another way of doing it. I do it from the window that tells you what game is in the drive.

Advertisement