Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April and 4th spot

Options
  • 28-12-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

I know it's a long way away, and we have 3 months of football in between, but I've just noticed how April 2010 may very well be the deciding month in the race to 4th.

Spurs v's;
    Sunderland (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Chelsea (H)
    Man U (A)

Villa v's;
    Bolton (A)
    Everton (H)
    Portsmouth (A)
    Birmingham (H)

City v's;
    Burnley (A)
    Birmingham (H)
    Man U (H)
    Arsenal (A)

Liverpool v's;
    Birmingham (A)
    Fulham (H)
    West Ham (H)
    Burnley (A)

That's about as tough a month as you could get for us. Liverpool & Villa have relatively easy months, so we really need to make sure we have as many good results in Jan - Mar as possible. We're looking good at the moment, I have to say, but the timing and fixtures in that month make it potentially ruinous for our ambitions.

Food for thought - if we'd done the right thing against both Wolves & Stoke, we'd be top of the table at the moment! Let's hope we're leading the charge for 4th come April!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

It's gonna go to the wire.
    The team that makes it will be the ones with the most bottle.
    Lots of nervy weekends to come for Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Lots of nervy weekends to come for Spurs.

nothing new there so :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

SuprSi wrote: »
    I know it's a long way away, and we have 3 months of football in between, but I've just noticed how April 2010 may very well be the deciding month in the race to 4th.

Spurs v's;
    Sunderland (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Chelsea (H)
    Man U (A)

Villa v's;
    Bolton (A)
    Everton (H)
    Portsmouth (A)
    Birmingham (H)

City v's;
    Burnley (A)
    Birmingham (H)
    Man U (H)
    Arsenal (A)

Liverpool v's;
    Birmingham (A)
    Fulham (H)
    West Ham (H)
    Burnley (A)
    Martin o'neill has never won a game in april so hopefully that will continue this year & hopefully we will have modric lennon and defoe available against the arse this time Birmingham will be tough for any team to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Top 4 is a definite possibility and we have nothing to fear from the other contenders.

If (with IF being a big word!) we maintain our confidence and form we have the squad to do it.

Its in our own hands going into 2010. I hope they continue as they are doing.

COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I think a lot will depend on how we do against the top sides. We have 3 top sides in a row, we might well need 6 points from those 3 games to have any sniff of a top 6 finish ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement