Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

External Hard Drive Advice

• 28-12-2009 5:30pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Ive got some great advice here previously so thought Id try my luck again. (ie throw myself on the mercy of the forum ;):p)

Ive bought a seagate external hard drive from amazon, but Im thinking of returning it and getting an iomega screenplay multimedia 500gb.

Now Ive heard some horror stories about these before, and some reccomendations about them aswell. It seems to be the only multimedia hard drive in the price range, so i was wondering has anyone any advice? What are my options? Is the iomega any way reliable at all if its taken care of? Does does anyone know of any deals on at the mo?

Also does the iomega connect easily to all T.Vs. (Ive got a 7 year old sony) and all laptops (I presume once you have a usb 2.0 this is fine?)?

As Ive said before here, Im not a complete technophobic, but Im not bill gates either!

Thanks,
    wix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

IIRC Iomega dont make HDDs(Only a handfull of companies actually do, though drives that fail strict QC can be sold under lower brandnames). I'd suggest you find out whats in it. If its a decent brand like Seagate, WesternDigital, Samsung or Hitachi then go for it, otherwise do you have an Xbox360 or a PS3? If so you could stream content from the seagate through the laptop over your home network and into the console. I do it with my Xbox all the time, works like a charm(set up a media share in WMP).

Hope this helps.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

hi there cheers for the reply.

This is what Im looking at getting.

I dont realy recognise iomega as a brand name but there doesnt seem to be anything else in the price bracket that does the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭wallycool

wixfjord wrote: »
    hi there cheers for the reply.

This is what Im looking at getting.

I dont realy recognise iomega as a brand name but there doesnt seem to be anything else in the price bracket that does the same.

Hey did you get that hard drive yet ? i was thinking of getting one and i was wondering how it went for you ....

Advertisement