Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky tv problem

Options
  • 28-12-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any local people who'd have a look at my Sky + dish? No signal being recieved and they want to charge €100 call out fee. Cheers in advance folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Is your signal test showing up blank or do you have any strength of signal at all?

You can perform signal test by going to

*services menu

*select 4 for system set up and

*no 6 for signal test and see what readings you have.

If this is showing up with no signal try turning the SkyBox off at the mains for 2 minutes and then turn back on. This may help.

If it still has no signal, you may need to perform a box reset.

Other lesser possibilities -Dish may have been slightly knocked off direction or the bad weather may be causing a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

check the 2 cables going into the box from the dish , sky men have a habit of throwing them on any way toget the job done they tend to fall out of have bad contact cos they aren't pressed into the connector right. and take a look at your dish to see if there is a buildup of ice on the reciver,prob not but worth a shot, i have a number of a fella that is very good ive giving a few people his number no complaints yet, pm me for his number.

P.S. what area are you in, he wont be much use if you live in bundoran, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

In Letterkenny. Was watching the tv last night and it just cut off around 10 ish. Rang Sky this eve after work, thinking it might have been something to do signal but after 20 mins on the phone and all turning on and off and other things i could do i was told i'd need a service call. Just dont want to have to pay €100 for them to turn up and say the dish was frozen or something simple that will fix itself. There is also no signal coming to the sky box at all .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Could be the dish moved slightly or often water in the LNB, the plastic part at the front of the dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Aw right, didnt know that part...

They will send someone out, change your box and charge you over 100 big ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If there is no signal going to the box then either the cable/dish or your bank account direct debit is the problem. ;)

Check the LNB (the little gadget in the middle of the dish where the cables are) and see that its not covered in ice or one of the cables has not become detached.

Failing that you could also look for a bit of help in the satellite forum for a bit of DIY stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Could also ben caused by falling snow/ice from your roof

muffler wrote: »
    If there is no signal going to the box then either the cable/dish or your bank account direct debit is the problem. ;)

Check the LNB (the little gadget in the middle of the dish where the cables are) and see that its not covered in ice or one of the cables has not become detached.

I think there is a parrot in this thread, lol:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I've said it 100 times, but if you have any problem with your sky box or disk, just phone them and tell them you want to cancel, they'll ask why and you just need to say its not working so you cant be bothered paying anymore. They'll send a technician out free of charge and wont charge you for the time between you call them and the technician coming out. It works everytime, they dont want to lose your 30-60 quid every month over a simple fault. I got a new dish a few years ago and a new box 2 years ago.

p.s. might not work if your still in a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

if you are in letterkenny area pm me your details and i will check it for you on wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Lol

i do beleive that is possablly the funniest (unintentionlly) first post by someone......

Advertisement