Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5k's, 10'ks and mile races in Dublin (Jan/early Feb)?

• 28-12-2009 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Checked runireland but there doesnt seem to be much doing.:(

The mile is purely a case of curiosity so not too pushed but I really would like to do a few 5k's and 10k's. Anyone know of any? Preferably fast courses.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Tom Brennan 5km in the Phoenix park on new years day http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055731911

Fast course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Tom Brennan 5km in the Phoenix park on new years day http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055731911

Fast course.

Cheers Misty,

New Years day 5k has been pencilled in since last January.:D

Doesnt seem to be a lot of options after that though.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

5 Mile on 31st Jan in Raheny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

The following are all Raheny Shamrocks Races:

Weds 13/1 - Winter League Rd 3 - 3m
    Weds 27/1 - Winter League Rd 4 - 2m
    Sun 31/1 - Raheny 5m
    Weds 10/2 - Winter League Rd 5 - 3m
    Weds 24/2 - Winter League Rd 6 - 2m

The winter league races are €5 if you just want to do one. It's one a nice one mile loop - pretty fast. As an added bonus you get to run against me and most likely robinph!

christeb wrote: »

Sun 31/1 - Raheny 5m

The winter league races are €5 if you just want to do one. It's one a nice one mile loop - pretty fast. As an added bonus you get to run against me and most likely robinph!

Thats class. Im away for the 5 mile unfortunately but I reckon Ill do the three miles if I cant get a 5k anywhere.

I might just do one loop of the 2 mile as a time trial.

Anybody know of any 10k's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Anybody know of any 10k's?

My Sport 10k in Enniscorthy on Feb 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

A little off Topic - where is the Raheny course based? Yes I know Raheny but track, park or road based. It's in the dark? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

You might get a mile race in the ALSAA series - usually made up of 1 miles and 3k's. Info on the evening herald on a thursday or else the Irish runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

There are 5 imra winter league races in and around the 8 to 10k mark.. the 1st one is off in Howth on 10th Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

A little off Topic - where is the Raheny course based? Yes I know Raheny but track, park or road based. It's in the dark? :confused:

See this thread for Raheny 5 mile ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055770089

@RunningBing: If you're beaten by Christeb or Robinph, don't worry, you will still be beating me:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

It's here

And I wanna hear you breathing down my neck at the next one, Macanri!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

christeb wrote: »

Sun 31/1 - Raheny 5m

Will hope to make most of these races myself.

You might get a mile race in the ALSAA series - usually made up of 1 miles and 3k's. Info on the evening herald on a thursday or else the Irish runner.

Feckin missed the herald yesterday...is there info on these races anywhere online or does anybody have any contact details?

Raging the Tom Byrne 5k was cancelled, Im in serious danger now of not getting to race a 5k or 10k.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smunchkins

Cupid's Dash is on in the Phoenix Park on on the 13th February. 10k fun run.

Advertisement