Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Peak Campsite Season in Europe Query

Options
  • 28-12-2009 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I’m planning to buy a motorhome and would like to research the prospect of reducing campsite costs. I would like, at some point, to visit each of the below countries at a time of year when the weather tends to be reasonably good, campsites costs are at their most off peak price and campsite children numbers are at their minimum (I’m travelling with friends, not family).

So far I have learned that July and August are considered to be peak season for both campsite costs & children numbers and hence I will avoid booking at these times.

Can I now ask experienced well travelled motorhome owners if they have any recommendations for a particular country at a particular time of year taking the above criteria into account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all Responses.

Countries

England
    Scotland
    Wales
    France
    Holland
    Belgium
    Luxembourg
    Germany
    Czech Republic (West of)
    Austria (West of)
    Switzerland
    Italy (North of)
    Spain (North of)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

When are you planning to buy a MH? you have a similar post on www. motorhomfun, since march 09.
    and...

I am based in Ireland and I am planning to buy a motor home with the intention of going to the Continent as cheaply and conveniently as possible. So far I have devised the below cost and...

Forum: THE BEGINNER post_old.gif 19-03-2009, 16:41 Replies: 0
    thread_hot.gif[Req] Ireland to the Continent: Cutting Costs and Hassle
    Views: 94
    Posted By FrCrilly
    icon1.gif[Req] Ireland to the Continent: Cutting Costs and Hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Best option is to bite the bullet and buy your MH now. Prices have never been better. Life will pass you by if you spend all your time planning. Do it and you wont regret it :)

As reguards cheap campsites, France has a massive amount of Municipal sites dotted all over the place usually around €10/night. In the UK there's the Caravan club that has a network of certified sites that can cost as little as £6 per night. Also in France there's a network called France Passion where people provide free overnight stays on farms etc.

Advertisement