Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City - Store Versus Online price

• 28-12-2009 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭

Just a quick post to beware of Power City's in-store prices versus their online prices.

I was on the lookout for a 46" Samsung TV.

Only last night (Dec 27th), their online price for the Samsung UE46B702 was €1597.95.

I went into their Fonthill store today, and they tried telling me it was over €2000+ ( Can't remember their exact quote )
    He spins the lie that "we're only making 3%" on these TV's.

I said that was ridiculous, the 46" 8 Series is about that price, not the 7 Series. I also show him a photo of a web page I took last night showing their price was €1597.95.

So he goes back to the phone and talks to some manager on the phone... the usual pantomine act in front of customers... I had a photo of the web page on my phone just so I got the exact model number I was looking for.

Anyways, I got it at €1597.95.

It has now gone up to €1699.95 overnight.

Samsung UE46B702

Just saying, buyer beware and it certainly does pay to photograph any offers you see. I had only done it to get the right model number, didn't expect the price to rocket up overnight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

The online price seems to change from day to day. I was previously looking at a sony reader and the online prices seemed to vary each day between 179 and 189...

Ironically enough, its now showing at 159... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

There prices on various items go up and down several times a day sometimes. Best to keep a sharp eye out and how you get the lowest offer they advertise.

Advertisement