Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolans Grocery Shop Drogheda

Options
  • 28-12-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Im looking for the address of J +E Dolan grocery shop Drogheda, in the late 1930s, it was run by my uncle James Dolan, who came from Darver. Would love to find out a bit more about it.
    Can anyone please help me to find this information, would really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

As far as I know it was in Sundays Gate where the pub Dolans Corner is now. I'll check with my parents later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Would it be what is now the public house across from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Would it be what is now the public house across from it?

I asked an elderly member of my family about this for you and she told me this is correct, the shop used to be where the pub is now.
    She even had some stories about the shop for me

If you want more info , let us know and i will ask her

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

The shop front actually faced the Christian Brothers primary school, I believe it is now a hairdresser's backing on to Dolan's pub

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

The family who own the Sundays Gate Shop on West St. are related to the people who owned the Dolans shop and pub as far as I know. They had closed their shop last year but it was open before Christmas so might be worth your while calling in to talk to them, really nice family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 alice58

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I asked an elderly member of my family about this for you and she told me this is correct, the shop used to be where the pub is now.
    She even had some stories about the shop for me

If you want more info , let us know and i will ask her

I would really appreciate any info you can gather for me, all my relatives that would know, have all passed away now. Look forward to hearing from you, Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 alice58

Mr. Muddle wrote: »
    The family who own the Sundays Gate Shop on West St. are related to the people who owned the Dolans shop and pub as far as I know. They had closed their shop last year but it was open before Christmas so might be worth your while calling in to talk to them, really nice family.

Yes i will do, first chance i get.... Did you mean they were related to the Dolan family?????

Advertisement