Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iris Robinsion quitting politics due to mental illness

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

The desparate will try anything to cover their tracks. Who knows what she really has or hasn't got. Are any of these doctors who treated her got any connections with the family too? It would be amazing if it turned out the sickness was a cover for the money and the affair. Peter's already in touble for not declaring the money when he found out about it. I hope we see the back of the two of them to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jamijary

Not alone did this woman take advantage of a young fellow but a vulnerable one at that who had just lost his dad, so she basically abused her position and used him for her pleasure!! but don't feel too sorry for her this in from the Guardian

'Iris Robinson has retired from public and political life over "mental health issues". It emerged this morning that she was flying to the French Alps to escape the media glare. It is understood she is to spend the next week at a luxury chalet near Chamonix at the foot of Mont Blanc. It is the same resort where Tiger Woods's wife, Elin Nordegren, went for the new year following allegations about the golf player's affairs'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Taken from here

Peter Robinson went to specsavers and complained that his eyes had been watery since March. The optician said "I know what's wrong, there's been something stuck in your Iris."

Tiger Woods has issued a statement that he didn't have an affair with Iris Robinson. He admitted that he was a sex addict, but that he wasn't that desperate.

The big news in Northern Ireland today is that the UDA decommissioned their weapons, and Iris Robinson decommissioned her knickers! Peter said that if he got hold of him he would put his weapon beyond use.

Ulster says NO, but Iris says "YES, YES, Yes..."

It has been revealed that Iris had the affair with former Catchphrase host Roy Walker. In a statement issued today he said.
    ' She's married, it was good but it's not right'

Ulster Says Ho!

Iris: "Honey, the butcher's boy is in financial difficulty; what should I do?"
    Peter: "That little bollix? Don't worry about him; f**k him, give him a few pound."

The Parades Commission has been asked two fundamental questions. 1. Did they give permission for Iris to be banged more times than a Lambeg Drum? and, 2. Was she taken up the traditional route?

The DUP conference had to be moved from the Europa Hotel because too many members were popping into Robinson's for a quickie.

Iris Robinson is retiring from public life, except that she will continue to sit on the public affairs committee.

Iris got a call from one of her lovers, and the police "listeners" heard her say "f**k off, Gerry, I'll tell him myself. You can't handle another sex scandal."

"Nothing queer about my wife" said Peter Robinson today. "Our family only f**ks Orangemen, and they always take the traditional route."

The First Minister sent a text to his wife. It read:
    "Dear Iris, You must realize that you are 60 years old and I have certain needs which you are no longer able to satisfy. I am otherwise happy with you as a wife, and I sincerely hope you will not be hurt or offended to learn that by the time you receive this text, I will be at the Europa Hotel with my 20-year-old campaign assistant. I'll be home before midnight. God Bless Ulster"
    When he got back home, there was a letter waiting for him that read as follows:
    "Dear Peter. You are also 60 years old, and by the time you get this I will be at the Coffee Shop with my 19 year old toyboy.
    Given the great mathematician that you are, you can easily understand that 20 goes into 60 a lot more times than 60 goes into 20. Don't wait up, I may be some time."

Iris Robinson said today that she wouldn't normally have an affair with somebody so young, but if it was good enough for the Adams Family....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,704 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sunday Tribune apparently has some more scandal on this tomorrow, rumours of another affair! Albeit a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

MYOB wrote: »
    Sunday Tribune apparently has some more scandal on this tomorrow, rumours of another affair! Albeit a long time ago.

2 other affairs - including the 19 year olds Dad

http://election.ie/2010/01/sunday-tribunes-shocking-revelations-on-iris-robinsons-other-affairs/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Rename thread to "(Leviticus 20: 10) Iris Robinson should be stoned to death for being a lying slag".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

A trend I've noticed is that people who judge others so vehemently are usually not very happy themselves, and have all sorts of personal problems. This time, the personal problems have come to light, and it seems that the bigot is being discredited. I only wish that this would happen more often, that the haters fall off their high horses, and the sheep stop hanging on their every word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Johnnymcg wrote:
    2 other affairs - including the 19 year olds Dad

http://election.ie/2010/01/sunday-tr...other-affairs/

This is ****ing epic! You couldn't write this if you tried - in fact, if something like this popped up on a soap you'd call it unrealistic. I can't express how happy I am that this hypocritical bitch is being hung out to dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

"Explosives evidence".. wow sounds dangerous but somewhat apt for an NI story!

I would fuking die laughing if it was a "little trip to England".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Seems Kirk McCambey is becoming something of a gay icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I've been somewhat jealous of the woman since I found out who he was. Would tap that surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Boston wrote: »
    Rename thread to "(Leviticus 20: 10) Iris Robinson should be stoned to death for being a lying slag".

You mighta seen this but:

Iris Robinson has called for Iris Robinson to be stoned to death

SMrobinsons.jpg?t=1262993870

• Registered Users Posts: 68,704 ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://twitter.com/StephenNolan/status/7606340219

Stephen Nolan should have decent sources....

Already reported on BBC NI News that she is in a Belfast hospital and not in a French ski resort.

Will Mr Robinson resign I wonder....? With the growing pressure and revelations that even he acted irresponsibly I'm hoping he does. Then we will see the back of the two of them for good hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Aard wrote: »
    A trend I've noticed is that people who judge others so vehemently are usually not very happy themselves, and have all sorts of personal problems. This time, the personal problems have come to light, and it seems that the bigot is being discredited. I only wish that this would happen more often, that the haters fall off their high horses, and the sheep stop hanging on their every word.

I think you've hit it in one there.

Its very sad, a lot of innocent people are got or are getting hurt by all of this, though about time the DUP were booted cleanly off their moral high ground.

I almost couldn't believe though about the age of young Kirk, to think Iris had the gall to lay judgements into us whilst blatantly exploiting a boy of 19? Its the worst kind of double standards imagineable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Cabbage Brained

shoegirl wrote: »
    I think you've hit it in one there.

Its very sad, a lot of innocent people are got or are getting hurt by all of this, though about time the DUP were booted cleanly off their moral high ground.

I almost couldn't believe though about the age of young Kirk, to think Iris had the gall to lay judgements into us whilst blatantly exploiting a boy of 19? Its the worst kind of double standards imagineable.

I hate the cow, but I don't think age should be an issue here tbh. He's above the legal age of consent, end of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I hate the cow, but I don't think age should be an issue here tbh. He's above the legal age of consent, end of.

The age difference does make it a bit weird, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

If he was a 19 year old whom she randomly met, it would be different. The fact that she knew him since he was 9 and was trusted by his father to take care of him makes it creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

If she were male and he female (or male, for that matter), the word 'grooming' would be used. I don't see why we should cut her slack because she has ovaries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Cabbage Brained

Stark wrote: »
    If he was a 19 year old whom she randomly met, it would be different. The fact that she knew him since he was 9 and was trusted by his father to take care of him makes it creepy.

OK I didn't know that. That is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

40 years is an enormous gap.
    I recall when they aired the original Queer as Folk one big criticism was a barely 30 year old guy sleeping with a 15 year old. This case is 3 times the guys age, not even double. You've got to ask why?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

shoegirl wrote: »
    40 years is an enormous gap.
    I recall when they aired the original Queer as Folk one big criticism was a barely 30 year old guy sleeping with a 15 year old. This case is 3 times the guys age, not even double. You've got to ask why?

Well homophobia to an extent, but if a 30 year old polition was having a hetero sexual relationship with a 15 year old they'd be getting a much harder time than Iris. and rightly so. I'd defitnitely frown upon that scenario a lot more than Irisgate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

My only regret is that she didn't try harder....

and screw this "we should rise above and consider our fellow human being" crap. Firstly, she ISN'T my fellow human being, i can assure you. She has made that clear. Secondly, you seem to have mistaken me for some sort of religious fool, who is bound to follow that wishy washy pap. She said I was worse than a child rapist, and we have never even met. When the lynch mob cripples some harmless person because they had the audacity to fukc another adult who they found attractive, people like this will have sent the mob to the door, but wash their hands after. Screw her, may she suffer - I find it make me feel better, and she owes me

Advertisement