Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band drums, are they really that bad?

Options
  • 28-12-2009 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

My Guitar Hero drums starting acting up recently (the orange cymbal is sometimes triggered when the blue or red pad is hit, maybe once every 5 - 10 hits but often enough to get annoying and kill a streak).

I saw a Beatles Rock Band pack in HMV today for €70, it comes with the Rock Band guitar and drums. Worth getting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Recon wrote: »
    My Guitar Hero drums starting acting up recently (the orange cymbal is sometimes triggered when the blue or red pad is hit, maybe once every 5 - 10 hits but often enough to get annoying and kill a streak).

I saw a Beatles Rock Band pack in HMV today for €70, it comes with the Rock Band guitar and drums. Worth getting?

Was it the value edition or the one with the overtly beatles branding on the box?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The Rock Band one kit, which I have been using, isn't fantastic, but it certainly doesn't register hits where there are none. I would say it drops notes a the odd time though. The Beatles (overly branded kit) drums are actually a modded RB2 set though which is apparantly perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I think it's this one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

RB Beatles for €70 is the value edition. I have the original RB drums and find that it sometimes miss the occasional note...

🤪

Recon wrote: »
    I think it's this one
    That's the RB1 set of instruments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i have the rb2 drums i brought back from America 6 months ago. Batter them reasonably a few times a week. never had a prob with missed notes or anything, but he red drum pad has 'bubbled', there's an air pocket from the middle of the drum, separating the rubber pad from the rest of it. just re-glue it and tis good as new. despite that i love using the rb drums:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

booooooooooooooo we frown upon lucky owners of RB2 kits round these parts :D

Ba$tard I can't even FC "we will rock you" by Queen on my hardly abused RB1 drums. BOOM BOOM Chhhhh BOOM BOOM Chhhhhh due to dropped notes :mad:

RB2 drums? Oooh, I hate you already! This week's challenge is going to be a drumming one, I intend to beat you with my RB1 kit! This is now my goal. Sub to the forum already! :p

Advertisement