Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTB any Irish related firearms stuff

• 28-12-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I'm in the states and have an importer, I'm looking for any Irish made shotguns/rifles pistols etc.

Namely :

Kavanagh Shotguns
    Pre-1897 Rigby shotguns, rifles & pistols
    Irish Free State (FF marked) SMLEs and Webleys
    Anything else you think may be of interest to me

PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

harmoniums wrote: »
    I'm in the states and have an importer, I'm looking for any Irish made shotguns/rifles pistols etc.

Namely :

Kavanagh Shotguns
    Pre-1897 Rigby shotguns, rifles & pistols
    Irish Free State (FF marked) SMLEs and Webleys
    Anything else you think may be of interest to me

PM me.

Hi harmoniums,

Id say your best bet, would be to contact some of the larger firearms dealers here. Alot of the older stuff (shot guns) are been handed into dealers for scrapping here. Might be the odd jem. But most would be just old junk.

Still if you had afew RFD looking out for you, you might have some luck ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

harmoniums wrote: »
    Irish Free State (FF marked) SMLEs

Good luck finding one of those this side of the Atlantic :p they're for the most part in the US now, all sold over in the 80's. They turn up now and then, keeps the Yanks happy 'oh my gawd you guys, I got an Oirish enfield, my great great grandaddys sisters brothers second cousin was part Oirish.....' :p. If you have the means of importing, proper documentations, clearance etc then keeping an eye on American gun auction sites wouldnt be a bad idea as I have seen them pop up there from time to time. Of course, the Irish connection means they demand a premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Keep them well, the museum will want to buy them off you in a few years when the ones in the States are shot out and justice have taken the angle grinder to the ones left in Ireland. :(

Advertisement