Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furnature.

Options
  • 28-12-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Wondered if you could advise me on something.

I recently bought (June last year) 3 pces of furnature, Chest of drawers Wardrobe and side locker in a popular furnature store. I have noticed the drawers are sagging in the chest of drawers.

The furnature comes flatpacked but they assembled it for an extra sum. How do i go about getting them to do a service call so so speak and repair the sagging furnature. Will I have any issues in the fact that they assembled it and charged for assembly.

There is no way the drawers were overfilled as we only kept light summer clothes in them.

I imagine the best way to go about it is

Phone call

No joy or poor response - a letter - registered.

After that what do i do if still no response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Comreg?

sounds like you've exhausted other avenues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Comreg?

sounds like you've exhausted other avenues.

Communications regulator? Why? Do you mean consumer affairs. I am guessing this but is it them or the small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Communications regulator? Why? Do you mean consumer affairs. I am guessing this but is it them or the small claims court.

sorry,had a brain fart. yeah,try them first. they'll hopefully be able to advise you as to your next port of call.as i said,you've done the stuff you're supposed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,046 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Hi Folks,

Wondered if you could advise me on something.

I recently bought (June last year) 3 pces of furnature, Chest of drawers Wardrobe and side locker in a popular furnature store. I have noticed the drawers are sagging in the chest of drawers.

The furnature comes flatpacked but they assembled it for an extra sum. How do i go about getting them to do a service call so so speak and repair the sagging furnature. Will I have any issues in the fact that they assembled it and charged for assembly.

There is no way the drawers were overfilled as we only kept light summer clothes in them.

I imagine the best way to go about it is

Phone call

No joy or poor response - a letter - registered.

After that what do i do if still no response.

You haven't actually phoned or written yet? See if there are any relevant terms and conditions on their website if you can. I would be inclined to e mail them first if this is possible unless you are sure you can get through to a local human being on the phone.

Advertisement