Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom in Douglas area

• 28-12-2009 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Anyone else having massive problems with it? I literally can not game from 5pm-11pm without horrendous amounts of lag. I was trying to play MW2 (on Xbox 360) there and literally gave up after 15 mins. Every 5 seconds or so the game will "stop" for a second making everyone jump all over the place. It happens so quickly it doesn't appear to show up on the game's ping tracker.

Anyone else in the area having this problem, should I contact Eircom? This starting happening a few months ago and before that I had no problems at all with my connection, my download speeds weren't that great (I'm on Eircom 3MB) but my ping in games were always great. The problem persists with other games such as BF2 and CSS. The reason I think it's a problem with the line is that if I go at a non peak time the connection is perfectly fine.

I'm at a loss as to what I can do, does anyone have any suggestions?

This is taken from a peak time of day and it appears to be fine:

665412551.png

6450733.png

Line stats according to router:

Downstream / Upstream

Data rate(Kbps) 3072Kb / 384Kb

Noise Margin 13 / 16

Output power(dBm) 23 / 71

Attenuation(dB) 46 / 31

Advertisement