Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco DVD issue

Options
  • 28-12-2009 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

My mother bought me PJ Gallagher's stand up DVD for xmas, I had wanted Neil Delemere so she tried to return it they told her that since there was no plastic wrapping on the DVD [It wasn't on it when she bought it] they take it back. My mother the asked me if that one would be okay so she wouldn't have to go through all the hassle of getting on to the higher ups before Christmas and I said fine. But last night I tried to play the bloody thing and it doesn't even work, she still has the receipt, do we have a leg to stand on cause this is beyond the bloody joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The DVD will be exchanged for another copy after it has been tested in store to confirm it is a faulty copy.

You have no right to an exchange as you have bought the licence to watch the DVD, the disc will be replaced so you can watch the piece of artwork you have paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,540 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Insist they give you a copy with a plastic wrapper, then say that this was the wrong one and could you get a copy of the different one....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If the disc is faulty, the Tesco are obliged to offer you a refund/replacement/repair. Just take it back into them and explain that the disc won't play. They'll probably sort it out there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Thanks all, will take it back and explain. Hopefully customer service will be at ah higher standard than when we tried to take it back on the first occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Thanks all, will take it back and explain. Hopefully customer service will be at ah higher standard than when we tried to take it back on the first occasion.

They still only have to give you the PJ Gallaher one though, not the Neil Delamare one that you were looking to change it for. Replacing a broken product is completely different to what you were looking for on the first occasion. Virtually no retailer will swap a DVD, as they're so easy to copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

jor el wrote: »
    They still only have to give you the PJ Gallaher one though, not the Neil Delamare one that you were looking to change it for. Replacing a broken product is completely different to what you were looking for on the first occasion. Virtually no retailer will swap a DVD, as they're so easy to copy.

I understand that, I just want one that works.

Advertisement