Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boxer pups

Options
  • 28-12-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can anyone help me?
    2 weeks ago i brought 7 healthy boxer pups to the vets to get their first injections,with in days i notice they were starting to fail.They lost weight by the day, one has died two more are nearly gone don't know what to do! Vet can't explain it. All pups are fully wormed eating all their food fresh water red heat lamp over their bed. Can someone help please, very hard to see the little lads die right in front of my eyes??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Could it be something like parvo? Are there any other dogs living with them?
    Did you own the pups yourself or get them somewhere? how old are they?

That's horrible and I can understand you wanting to save the rest of them. The vet has no idea what's wrong? I assume he/she has seen the pups?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

I really feel for you, poor little things.

Have you tried a different vet, not saying he/she is a bad vet but for another opinion.

Some years ago my mum lost a number of pups, noone new what it was until the last one, it was tape worm, worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 slice086

They got their vac at 7 weeks they'er 9 weeks now. Vet saw them, the only thing is i lost my job and money is vert tight and going to differ vets is costly that's what's killing me but i'll just have go to another vet. The bitch is a small but very healthy dog,she had 7 pups and as i said we lost one a week after their vac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Do you think anyone brought anything into the house? (have any other dogs been around/have the pups/bitch been at anything)
    Don't suppose you have insurance at all?

I would go back to the vet if you can - they have to be able to try tests or something - are any of them getting sick/not eating?

slice086 wrote: »
    They got their vac at 7 weeks they'er 9 weeks now. Vet saw them, the only thing is i lost my job and money is vert tight and going to differ vets is costly that's what's killing me but i'll just have go to another vet. The bitch is a small but very healthy dog,she had 7 pups and as i said we lost one a week after their vac

Personnel I've had a lot of dogs passing through and none of them every got sick from the vaccinations, sometimes they get a bit down for a day or two but that's all, I would say that's just coincidence, but I would try to bring them to see another vet for another opinion.

Yeah I know vets a really expensive, but you could lose them all if you don't find out what it is.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads for your quick replies.i'm going to get test done. I will let u know the results, just to let u know they live in kennel i built loads of room 2 big runs i'm in the country no one around me. Ive also a 10st rottie who's deaf i rescued him from pound yrs ago and a american akita all vac up to date. I don't really bread dogs as such but after this maybe never again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Puppy Fading Syndrome maybe? Although at 7 weeks they seem a bit old.

tudlytops wrote: »
    I really feel for you, poor little things.

Have you tried a different vet, not saying he/she is a bad vet but for another opinion.

Some years ago my mum lost a number of pups, noone new what it was until the last one, it was tape worm, worth looking at.

Sorry i meant roundworms as they lived inside the pups and were never passed in their stools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

Thanks lads for your quick replies.i'm going to get test done. I will let u know the results, just to let u know they live in kennel i built loads of room 2 big runs i'm in the country no one around me. Ive also a 10st rottie who's deaf i rescued him from pound yrs ago and a american akita all vac up to date. I don't really bread dogs as such but after this maybe never again

Just for now until u can be sure the rest will be ok could u bring them into the house, not only will it be warmer but maybe u could keep a good eye on them.
    Horrible i imagine to watch them die like this and hopefully u wont lose anymore, though i think if the 2 little sick pups arent so good and are as bad as u say i wouldnt think they will prob make it as i know it hard once there at that stage to survie.
    Poor little babies i really hope they make it.

let us know how you get on with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Could you describe the symptoms in more detail, is their any diarrhoea? Is their breathing ok, is their gum colour bright pink, do they tire easily when playing? Reason I ask is boxers, like a lot of mastiff type big breeds can suffer from a heart defect. Where both parents health screened before breeding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

any news

Sorry didnt get back to u last nite was trying all last nite to keep a pup alive but to no good lost 2 since i was last on.To answer Irushe they didn't and have none of wat u asked, they are eating and drinking as they should right up untill the last 24 hrs and they were the 2 biggest pups even d vet admired there size

Sorry didnt get back to u last nite was trying all last nite to keep a pup alive but to no good lost 2 since i was last on.To answer Irushe they didn't and have none of wat u asked, they are eating and drinking as they should right up untill the last 24 hrs and they were the 2 biggest pups even d vet admired there size

I really feel for you and the poor little ones.
    No news on what maybe wrong with them?

Advertisement