Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird things your teachers told you in school

Options
  • 28-12-2009 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Give us some examples of the weird and fúcked up things that you were told in school by your teachers.

I'll start off with one of mine that arouses a few giggles (and that I ashamedly believed :rolleyes:):

- According to my biology teacher, weasels have pockets to store food in for later. I only found out a few months ago that this was not the case.

Also, my nana was told a few odd things by the nuns when she was in school:

- It was a sin to use a black toilet.

- Hair is turned grey by spirits coming and taking away the colour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I've said it before, but my maths teacher told me I was impotent.

I was pleased I followed it up with one of my most daring lines in school: "Is it any wonder when I'm stuck looking at you?" :o

Our science teacher in Year 9 told us he killed someone in Iraq :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I was told id never lose my virginity, now I've got a child on the way. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

number10a wrote: »
    Give us some examples of the weird and fúcked up things that you were told in school by your teachers.

They kept trying to drill some weird, obsolete language into me ... mad stuff altogether :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

" Reilly why do you always sit on the left hadn side of the classroom, you are slanting the floor and my glasses keep falling off the desk"

To the lad beside me

same teacher

" Reilly I notice you enjoy the frequent nose pick, but your technique makes me sick... Remember lads pinky does the trick."

" Smith, Is that you talking...Huh it is. Fine take that bin go outside the window stand in it and sing a Britney Spears song "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

That there was a mincing machine hidden in the wall where the bold kids were fed to. It was when we were in junior infants. Believed it for the 1st few years of school!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

I shaved my head and next day in school the teacher announced in front of the whole class I looked like a neo-nazi:confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I was told that I'd never amount to anything....and look at me now!!!:D

Ohh...wait...:(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

We were told to sit with our legs closed or the devil would fly up your skirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

"He will never amount to anything"
    Classy stuff from a member of the clergy running a boarding school. He actually said it to my mother (about me)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

"This is our little secret"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

AvaKinder wrote: »

I never say lol in a post, but I have to because I actually did lol!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭airscotty

Our religion teacher had many the mad story for us....one such being when she was walking through the desert for days and became so thursty she had 2 drink camels piss!! another was when she was chased by a sworm of killer bees and hadda jump in2 a swimming pool and swim underwater from end to end then take a breath cause the bees were waiting over head!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

One day, the knowledge that Patrick Kavanagh was really jealous of all the dancers going to Billy Brennands barn tonight, but lacked the social grace or self-confidence to truly express himself and willingly joing in... will save our lives one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

cadaliac wrote: »
    "He will never amount to anything"
    Classy stuff from a member of the clergy running a boarding school. He actually said it to my mother (about me)

Were you not sexy enough for him!

You were lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

I was told these was this invisible man in the sky who saw everything you did. Found out later it was total bullsh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

AvaKinder wrote: »

Ironic that.

He didn't like the females and gave no advice to the boys on how to save their genitals from abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

The square on the hypotheneuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

wilson10 wrote: »
    The square on the hypotheneuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.

Is that not true? :eek:
    I was told if you failed any test in 6th year you'd fail the leaving, really glad that wasn't true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Using tongues is perfectly acceptable for a greeting kiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I before E except after C ....... LIES!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Is that not true? :eek:
    I was told if you failed any test in 6th year you'd fail the leaving, really glad that wasn't true.

I didn't say it wasn't true but isn't it weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

My 5th class teacher(a female) told all of the girls to always :
    • hold in your tummy
    • stick out your chest
    That's the proper way to walk.

Same teacher had a human skull in her desk.
    Plus made us do a play in class in which we were short of costumes and so made us wear her old nightdresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Never forget being constantly reminded that all we needed to do to pass Irish was reach the magical number of 240 between the written exam, aural&oral and it was so easy he only needed to do about 10minutes teaching a day and the rest talking to the other teachers in the corridor before,after and during class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Shakira used to be a man called George.

I mean, wha'? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bogtotty

You could get pregnant from sitting on a boys knee.
    When travelling by public bus, you should always put a newspaper down on the seat or, again, pregnancy could result.
    Babies came out your bellybutton and the nurses caught them on a silver tray.
    I had the divil in my eyes. That one might be true.
    If we didn't learn to embroider, we'd never find a husband, or if we found one but we couldn't sew, he'd beat us.
    A foetus was a perfectly formed but microscopic baby from the moment of conception, could think, hear and see and was capable of singing hymns in vitro.
    If you burnt porridge you'd go to hell.

All of the above gems from Sister Marie Louise, God rest her soul, my Religion and Home Economics teacher in 1st Year in the late 80s. Think she might also have been special advisor on women's affairs to the Taliban.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Geography teacher to a classmate years ago:
    "I don't know whether its that you've been hit too many times or not enough..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

''Yes,you do use algebra in everyday life.'':rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Teacher: (Shouts) Stop looking at my tits young man!!!! :mad:
    InkSlinger: Sorry Brother Lynch!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

"you would see better manners in a romainian orphanage"

principal at assembly
    "johnjoe, up the town at lunch you need to buy yourself a large bottle of cop on"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A nun told us we should never dance with a boy if we were wearing shiny shoes, as he would be able to see up our skirts in the reflection. She also told us we should always put something under us when sitting on a boy's knee.

Advertisement