Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird things your teachers told you in school

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

PE Teacher during swimming lessons: "If I take my finger out you'll sink"

Didn't realise he was lying till I went on hols with my g.f and she almost beat the shit out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

R0ot wrote: »
    I was told id never lose my virginity, now I've got a child on the way. :D

I was going to make a smart arsed, disgusting comment but I figured I would behave myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Our geography teacher was always banging on that "we'll be able to buy cars from anywhere in Europe in the next two years".

In 1996.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

BluesBerry wrote: »
    I before E except after C ....... LIES!!!!!

DRILLED into my brain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Our social studies teacher told us in fifth year (in a kind of sex education/responsibility lesson no doubt designed to try and stop students from 'deprived' areas ending up pregnant or impregnating somebody before they sat the Leaving ) that (she thought) oral sex was 'disgusting'.

I assume that the 2-5% of the class not already doing it subsequently learned otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

A Geography teacher told me that America had 52 states...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

phasers wrote: »

Our Geography teacher tried to tell us that the Great Famine happened in the 1950s.

dambarude wrote: »
    Our Geography teacher tried to tell us that the Great Famine happened in the 1950s.
    Judging by this thread Geography teachers are all retards :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Had a science teacher who told me a mate of his went messing with the mains electricity of his house and (after he'd been missing for a number of days) all the investigating police found was a pair of shoes and a pile of ashes.

Probably total bs. Even if you touched a pylon the worst that would happen to you (besides dying of course) would be severe burning of skin, melting of the retinas and removal of hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

How to speak irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

My biology would say "get a mirror and have a look girls".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Same thing happened me once, but I managed to prove that there are only 50. He wasn't too happy about me showing him up.

Also had to disprove a history teacher who was insistent that Poland and West Germany bordered each other... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

My religion teacher espained marturbation by telling us of a six year ago girl who sat with her doll between her legs and got sexual pleasure out of this. 30 years later as a psychoanalyst I can understand the theory behind this but as a 13 yr old, I could not make the connection between that and cracking one out.

Odysseus wrote: »
    My religion teacher espained marturbation by telling us of a six year ago girl who sat with her doll between her legs and got sexual pleasure out of this. 30 years later as a psychoanalyst I can understand the theory behind this but as a 13 yr old, I could not make the connection between that and cracking one out.
    As an 18 year old, I can't make sense of it either.

What kind of 6 year old gets sexual pleasure from anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The type you wanna get to know when she hits 17. ;)

Eugh, that's gross....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

number10a wrote: »
    - It was a sin to use a black toilet.

How racist!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

We had a h-dip in first year come in and announce that today would not be a good day to piss her off as she just had a bikini wax :eek: and threatened to show us if we didn't shut up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

All of the I did say I was a psychoanalyst check out the theory of infantile sexually, better go for the original on read Freud's Three Papers on Sexuality 1905. Don goggle it buy the text it only cost a few euros

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭MickTipp

R0ot wrote: »
    I was told id never lose my virginity, now I've got a child on the way. :D

whos the childs father??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

They don't know it's sexual as such I'd say.

Most of my teacher didn't really say weird things, they just acted weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

SCIENCE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 _Sword_

number10a wrote: »
    weird things your teachers told you in school

There is a God.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

_Sword_ wrote: »
    There is a God.
    Well, that is one that exceeds the weird quota. You're in daft territory now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Land Of Idiots

giggsy664 wrote: »
    SCIENCE!

WEIRD!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Religious studies teacher (A Christian Brother) who told of us a boy from his class many years ago that had an unfortunate accident. Apparently he was proudly displaying his penis to his classmates in the shower room as he was more physically developed than them. There was a fire and the alarm went off, causing all the fire doors to abruptly close shut. Seems the boy was standing in the wrong place and a some dangly bits got crushed in the door. I'll leave it to your imagination.

Pretty sure this brother was a paedophile as he was always telling us stories where there was a least one naked boy. And he would bring a few boys out of walks around Dublin on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Jesus is watching you. He's in the room with us now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

I wrote a poem in second class about students killing their teacher, and the nun who was teaching us at the time told me that I was going to "rot in hell" for it!

Only a poem Sr. De Montfort!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

One of my teachers was giving out about the budget and said
    "During the height of the boom companies in Ireland combined were making 35 billion if they( the government) even took 1% of this in tax you would have 3.5 billion and no cutbacks would be needed now."

Which if your slow or don't get what i'm saying 1% of 35 billion is 350 million not 3.5 billion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Judging by this thread Geography teachers are all retards :p

Hey hey now, that's cutting a bit deep isn't it? Besides, the geography you learn in school is absolutely retarded and useless, the geography you learn in university on the other hand is... eh... em... All I know is: "History is about chaps and geography is about maps!"

I was told I was "charming". I really should have got stuck into that maths teacher! She was a fucking cougar but super sexy!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

"Sit on my lap ....... did i mention its no pants day boy" :eek:

Advertisement