Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird things your teachers told you in school

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

quote from my science teacher ''no matter how much you wriggle and dance,the last few drops will end in your pants'' good oul skippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

We did calamity jane with the local boys school. When we had to sit on the boys laps the nun's made them put newspapers on their knees. This was to protect our virtue;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

That Queen Victoria only gave a fiver to famine relief.This was in 2002,backward oul republicans.

We also got the whole "the devil is that voice in yer ear telling ye what to do" as late as 1999.That teacher must have been schizophrenic if she's convinced of the existence of voices in one's ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Aldito wrote: »
    In maybe 2nd or 3rd class, our teacher told us the sun rotated at night and the moon was on the back of it.

We also had a substitute teacher who was a nun. She told us it was a sin to use a red pen.

Had a teacher that told everyone to write in blue ink. I Only wrote in black and that was that. So I done it in black next english class she had cellotaped my essay to the black board with the red exs across all 4 pages. This was in 2nd year made tare my essay up in front of class. Didn't even let me read it out load. I was her favourite student b4 then. Took me outside and sent me to he principals office. I Think she was anun or maybe just evil or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Engineering teacher who would regularly say "If you dont stop doing that its going to take a team of surgeons to remove my boot from your ass"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

"If you don't learn to make scones, no one will ever marry you"
    -bronte's home ec teacher circa september 1997.
    Prehistoric aul bint.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

We used to be told that our tongues would turn black if we were lying. I never lied after that because I was sure I'd be caught out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

In primary I asked my teacher who discovered Ireland. This was after doing a lesson on Colombus finding America. He said no one as people were already here in Ireland. I said there was people in America too,you told us this so how come that counts. He told me thats how it is and just live with it. Really bothered me!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I was told if i didn't serve mass in the local church i would burn in hell for all eternity.

Nice.

Advertisement