Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to New York and homeless

Options
  • 28-12-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Well I've decided to move to New York. I have everything sorted except somewhere to live...how do i go about finding a place? I'm looking to sublet in Manhatten but have no idea on what areas are good to live in. I'll be working in Greenwich but it's far to expensive to live there!

I'm not leaving for another 6 weeks but how do i start looking for a place to live? I've been on Craigslist but how can i arrange a place when I'm here?

Any tips would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Remember, NYC has the best subway system in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I would suggest getting a holiday rental for two or three weeks for when you arrive. You can find them on Craigslist, they're roughly the same price as hostels but you get an apartment instead of a mattress in a 3 bunk bed room. Look in New York Craigslist Vac Rentals you should find something and then that will give you time to get out and about and see places and talk to people!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

lil_lisa wrote: »
    I would suggest getting a holiday rental for two or three weeks for when you arrive. You can find them on Craigslist, they're roughly the same price as hostels but you get an apartment instead of a mattress in a 3 bunk bed room. Look in New York Craigslist Vac Rentals you should find something and then that will give you time to get out and about and see places and talk to people!

Good luck!
    Holiday rentals are usually a lot more pricey than Hostels

and in hostels, theres always a chance you'll meet others in the same position as you

Advertisement