Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which of these two....if any!

• 28-12-2009 11:37pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

I'm in need of a pic for a club comp and I can't decide between these two. Any suggestions?

1. 9733CE5EF0114356AAF724CBEBFDC0BE-500.jpg
    2. 36F3103753B3478993A50F7994FC873A-500.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Much prefer #1

The track has a more intereting shape & the lone figure is heading towards something. The Red of the Bouy echoes the Red Jumper. Nice simple shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

CabanSail wrote: »
    Much prefer #1

The track has a more intereting shape & the lone figure is heading towards something. The Red of the Bouy echoes the Red Jumper. Nice simple shot.

I agree. also the camera looks lower down with the depth of field on the grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

No 1 in B&W with a crop. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Number 1 is much better, the figures in 2 seem very harsh you can't take in the whole scene you are dragged back to the two figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

#1 also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭WedPhoto

#1. do you have another version of #1 with the person a tad to the right?i think that might be even better

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The colour of the grass in number 2 is very harsh. I much prefer number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

1 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

1 in b&w with a tighter crop I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

No 1 with slight crop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

Definitely number one. For a start, one person is often better than two (or an odd number is often better than an even) as it stops the eye darting between the two. This is not too much of an issue in your shot (#2) as the two people are quite close together but still. Also the person in shot number one is wearing red which always stands out fantastically in a shot. A slight crop on number one and you have your shot in my opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

might be worth trying the shot in greyscale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

No 1, Did you try to boost the green only on 1st one to give it a lift.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Thank you folks for your assistance.

I prefer the first one myself for all the reasons mentioned.

I'd like to get the figure a bit more to the right but unfortunately I've no more room to his left - that's where he is in the shot.

A few of you have mentioned a crop - where would you crop it? (Bearing in mind I have sized this one for printing). I wouldn't like to lose the buoy or the frosty path beyond it because as CabanSail says, it matches the jacket and is somewhere to go for the figure.

Fireman mentioned the grass - I actually toned down the green in the grass to make it a bit colder looking - should I tone it back up?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think the grass looks more natural in #1. certainly preferable to how it looks in #2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I would say I prefer the second image although the saturation looks a bit high in it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Back looking for your help again folks. I found another image I had taken with the red man a little further along the path. Does this work any better?

A8B507077B564AE18EA277EA1182B383-500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I prefer the first one, with the man further left. The further right he is the more you attention is drawn away from the path - which undermines the photo imo

Also I liked the cold look of the grass, it's a lot more bleak which works well for the photo.

Best of luck with whichever you go for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I preferr shot 3, I like the dog up the path, the man seems to be in a brisk walk trying to catch up with the dog. Nice shot.

Advertisement