Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-registering a dog with the IKC

Options
  • 28-12-2009 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks looking to re-register a dog with the IKC. The dog was reistered with the kennel club in 06, And the previous owner never had her registered in his name so she still has her breeders details on the page although the former owners detail are on the back(hand writting).. Just wondering whats the best way to get her registered in my name?
    Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'm not sure, you might want to ring the IKC and ask them as they'd know best.

If the form you have, was filled out by the previous owner but never sent off, then technically the dog is registered under the breeders name still. So I assume you'd need a new one to fill your details in on to transfer ownership from breeders name to yours.
    Don't know if they'd accept a form with tippex on it (if you were to tippex out the non registered owner details to put in your own). So to make sure you're doing it the right way I'd ring the IKC and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi, have you got the papers with all the details on it? If so, and you are now the owner, you should be able to just sign the back of the papers for the new owner and send it off to the IKC with the fee.

Andrea - they were saying they do have the papers but the previous owners filled it in/signed it but never sent it off, thus they can't fill it out themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Oh woops, sorry, didnt understand that properly.:o

Does the OP know the last owner? if so, best thing is to contact them, ask them if they can send away the papers and when they get them back that they would send them on to the OP and they can register the dog then.

no worries - sorry wasn't giving out! :)
    Well I was thinking if they rang the IKC they might say send the papers in as is and we'll issue a new one/blank for them to sign, or they might allow tippexing the papers. Rather than registering old owners, waiting, registering new owners, and double the cost too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement