Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New radio station from Waterford

• 29-12-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭

Zenith Classic Rock is back on air, on 103.8FM, from New Year's Day.

From studios in Waterford City, broadcasting to the entire South-East.

There is a thread in the 'radio' section of Boards, but as its a Waterford-based station I thought I'd give the heads-up here.

A.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

cool. the south east really have a poor choice of radio stations with really only 4 or 5 decent ones. im in my element when i go to the big smoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Congratulations on getting this up and running. Have just told a few people about it and they'll all be listening intently!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Sounds Cool, I will be listening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

alinton wrote: »
    Zenith Classic Rock is back on air, on 103.8FM, from New Year's Day.

From studios in Waterford City, broadcasting to the entire South-East.

There is a thread in the 'radio' section of Boards, but as its a Waterford-based station I thought I'd give the heads-up here.

A.

Will I be able to listen on 103.8FM in Dungarvan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I think it got to Dungarvan last year wen it was on.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

cool. the south east really have a poor choice of radio stations with really only 4 or 5 decent ones. im in my element when i go to the big smoke

There is absolutely no reason in this day and age you can't listen to any station you want,anywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I agree, but its down to the BCI that the south east have very poor choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i'd like you to change your name, its to close to mine and everyone knows i'm a beat man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I agree, but its down to the BCI that the south east have very poor choice

I heard 4FM could not broadcast in Waterford City and County because of objections from WLR, the only city in Ireland where it doesn't broadcast.

Hope Zenith reaches Dungarvan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 vanman

thats great news that its back again,hope that it stays this time-or WLR might object again!

• Advertisement

Well Zenith has only a temporary license, so enjoy it while you can!

It came on at midnight, 103.8.

Great music so far!

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is the output the same as last year as it seems stronger (it could be that my co-ax antenna is in a different spot), its mono though.....

Receiving it loud and clear in Dungarvan. Finally have a decent radio station to listen to while driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PortlairgePete

Good luck with Zenith....less is more tho guys...easy on the dj's ;) More music please! "We dont need no education" as the song goes! Less of your fave tracks and a bit more variety than last year.:)
    ps. I heard Diana Ross last year???????!!!!! :eek:

They are prolly a bit excited! :)

More heavy stuff is needed though.

Good luck with Zenith....less is more tho guys...easy on the dj's ;) More music please! "We dont need no education" as the song goes! Less of your fave tracks and a bit more variety than last year.:)
    ps. I heard Diana Ross last year???????!!!!! :eek:

And you may hear her again - but only from her album produced and orchestrated by Donald Fagen!

Thanks for the opinion tho, all are taken on board!

So I'm told!

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Just tuned in to it there , sounds very tony fenton FM ! Im sure it will have listeners though !

I'm sure Paul Dower will be offended! He's Waterford born and bred!

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

alinton wrote: »
    I'm sure Paul Dower will be offended! He's Waterford born and bred!

A.
    Haha I ment in delivery style and format , its a compiment if he wants to take it that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

I just added your station to my roberts internet radio.i shall let you know what i think.Is it only for ten weeks and at the weekends?O stairway to heaven like that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Was listening to the best part of the day today. Great programming and heard a fantastic version of Freebird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭freebird23

was out and about in the car for a bit and each track played was cool by me , ya dig.:);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Listened to this myself today and I must give credit where it's due. This region needs more choice than WLR, KCLR, South East and the awful Britney Spears FM (Beat).

We NEED Zenith and for more than 10 weeks!!! Keep up the great work all.

mike65 wrote: »
    Is the output the same as last year as it seems stronger (it could be that my co-ax antenna is in a different spot), its mono though.....

Now in stereo! Must have found the switch!

Listened for a good bit of today and it really is a fantastic station. This needs a permanent licence.

Premiata Forneria Marconi! Been years since I heard that (suspect I have it on a C90 mixtape somewhere)

Advertisement