Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Awards 2009 - Games of the Decade - Nominations Open

Options
  • 29-12-2009 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks.... that time of the year is upon us again. Time to find out what were the highlights of the 2009 gaming calendar for boardsies.

The nomination process has started over on the Game Awards forum. We're also starting a general discussion thread for people to talk about the year in general for the chosen category - help people to make informed nominations (and to get a bit of banter going!)

First up - the XBox 360.

Next category will go up in a few days.

Oh, and one rule change this year - you can now nominate 3 games for each category!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nice one, now hurry up with the pc category :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

there's so many cross platform games though

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't worry about it. Not everyone owns all consoles.
    This isn't an exclusivity contest.
    If it was released on the console that you own, then its eligible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Once again, i think thanks are in order for doing this. Its always good to see how the boardsie think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yep, an extra big thanks is due to Mr E for doing all of the hard work and taking things in an interesting new direction!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

One thing. Can you make it a General PS2/PS3 category. Persona 4 deserves a shot at something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    One thing. Can you make it a General PS2/PS3 category. Persona 4 deserves a shot at something.

If there is a general RPG thread, could get through in that (unless the Bioware crew get there first :pac:).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maybe but I'm pretty sure Dragon Age Origins is going to kick it's ass since it's been played by more people.

PC categories now open for nominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

If anyone is interested, gamespot have an article on the amount of games released this year (1099) and some of the implications here.

• Advertisement

Next batch up - Portable Games (covers DS, PSP and iPhone/iPod Touch)

PS3 up now.

Just 4 more groups before we start voting (Wii, Fun Categories, Overall Best of the Year, Best of the Decade). Wii goes up on Sunday.

(Edit: Whoops.... forgot about the Wii! Not on purpose, honest....)

OK, Wii Categories are up.

Almost there!
    The Fun categories are up now.
    Just one group (Overall) to go up at the weekend.....

Hottest Character shouldn't be a fun category. It's serious business.

There is finally light at the end of the tunnel..... the 2nd last group of nomination threads are up - this time for Overall Game of the Year (all platforms)

Games of the Decade is the last grouping (threads will go up midweek). Since its wide open with hundreds of games and more than the current platforms to choose from, I've started a discussion thread to help jog some memories. Feel free to speculate, discuss, argue and hopefully remind people of games that they've long forgotten.

Last thing - I'm going to start locking down nomination threads in the order that they were put up (starting with Xbox) while I count nominees. I'll be starting tomorrow, doing one batch every 2 days, so if you haven't nominated for xbox yet, you better do it soon.

Get to it.... :)

OK, the final group is up -- the Best of the Decade!

Give them some thought, and nominate before next weekend.
    I'm still counting up the other categories, and will continue to close threads as I work through them.

Voting will (hopefully) begin next Monday (1st Feb)

The love for Halo in "Most Overrated" made me laugh. :)

Not exactly unwarranted or unexpected though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not exactly unwarranted or unexpected though :)

haters-gonna-hate.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Heh, it wouldn't be a games topic without Retro having a go at Halo :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mr E wrote: »
    The love for Halo in "Most Overrated" made me laugh. :)

Particularly amusing when many are wasting two or three nominations on it (myself included). But I genuinely cannot think of another series that has gotten ludicrous credit despite being extremely bland.

I must give you credit once again for organising the whole thing though! The amount of categories is migraine inducing - most be more so for the person organising it!

Copying and Pasting rules from thread to thread is a piece of cake compared to totalling the nominees. :)

I have a good system in place (thank God for Excel), and plan to get a good chunk done tonight.

BTW shame on our CMod Overlord for nominating "Halo Series" for overrated game of the decade (even though he is right.... still cheeky, though) :p

Advertisement