Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Upgrade Question

• 29-12-2009 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Just coming up to almost a year with O2 now, have a Nokia N95 8GB on the O2 to O2 Clear unlimited plan with the data add on and now see that I'm eligiable for a GOLD upgrade but pretty underwhelmed by what it offers, seems to be quite big discounts off the lower phones including some that are free, but only a small amount off the higher end phones, IE, 30 quid off a Satio etc.

What I was wondering is, is it related to the price plan that I am on, or do I need to wait longer to get a better upgrade deal? My average spend is around 55-60 euro all inclusive per month if thats any help. There seems to be very little in the way of good upgrades around on the site for gold nd I was wondering if I would get a much better deal in six months time when my contract was out so it would be worth holding on?

The only high end handset that seems to be well discounted is the iPhone, and I'm not a great fan of Apple producsts to be honest, although 49 quid for an 8GB or 129 quid for a 16GB iPhone seems a good deal, it just to me smells of O2 heavily discounting the iPhone with very little elsewhere to encourage uptake of the iPhone over other handsets?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I know it's a bit naughty, but you could sell the iPhone if you upgrade and then buy something you want, I know it's not an ideal solution, but it is one of sorts.

Out of inteest do you STILL have to go in a store to upgrade from a normal phone to an iPhone rather than online? Not very friendly for those of us who work....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

As far as I am aware, if you upgrade online, they can send it to your work or home address.

Just tried it and got this message:

Your order will be delivered free of charge to the address you specify within 3 working days or earlier. An Post parcel service will deliver your order and you will be required to sign for your purchase. You will be able to track the progress of your order, through our Track & Change my Order section of the site.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

It seems that way for other phones, but when you look at the iphone upgrade page it specifically mentions going into the store, and it doesn't appear in the list of phones for upgrades when your logged in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

devnull wrote: »
    It seems that way for other phones, but when you look at the iphone upgrade page it specifically mentions going into the store, and it doesn't appear in the list of phones for upgrades when your logged in.

Oh I hadn't realised that, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

I didn't bother in the end, too unfriendly process to upgrade, if they don't make the HD2 or N900 avaliable I will be off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement