Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swords to Carrickmines Park

• 29-12-2009 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Live in swords and accepted a new job in Carrickmines park, if I have to I'll buy a car but would like to know if there is any combination of public transport that is feasible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Until the Luas arrives the only bus going past is the 63 to Kilternan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I would suggest that the only option is a car - the 63 is too infrequent and even it leaves you a bit of a walk away.

For goodness sake you would think they would get the information right.

The 115 and 117 no longer exist.

The 44/44C leave you over a mile away at Ballyogan, while the 63 doesn't even have a bus stop outside the retail park, but rather some way further along Glenamuck Road.

I would counsel anyone against using public transport to access this retail park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I would counsel anyone against using public transport to access this retail park.

Does this not say something about planning in Dublin. A significant retail centre comes into existence, which employs hundreds (at least) and has thousands of customers, but the public transport network does not seek to serve it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ThePark

Thank you for your comments - we have updated our information accordingly however please note that the number 63 will shortly be changing its route to include the existing bus stop in The Park.

Regards

ThePark wrote: »
    Thank you for your comments - we have updated our information accordingly however please note that the number 63 will shortly be changing its route to include the existing bus stop in The Park.

Regards

Some good news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

KC61 wrote: »
    Some good news!

for those very very few that'll use it to get there. for everyone else its an unnesicary detour and dely.

Coming out of town it'll now have to cross the bridge, across 1st roundabout around 2nd, into park, stop, around park roundabout, back to 1st roundabout and fully round it back to where it started 5 mins ago.

Advertisement