Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Postrgrad interview?

• 29-12-2009 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi guys.
    I'm going for interview on the 8th of January to Mary Immaculate College in Limerick for the postgrad in primary education and was wondering if those of you who took the interview before could give any tips?:confused:
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cici81

Best piece of advice I got was "Smile". I know it seems basic, but they're looking for confident people who will be comfortable at the top of a classroom all day. So happy, confident, but not silly and cocky. Research the curriculum so you know about strands/ strand units, etc. Have answers ready for things like behaviour management, etc. The days of standing preaching at the top of the class are long gone, know about active learning, etc. Also, in the Irish, just keep talking. If you make a grammar mistake, don't let it upset you. They're looking for fluency more than anything else I think. Also they'll ask do you want to read the passage at the start or end of the interview. Read it at the start. It'll calm you down and give you a few moments to settle. Take a few seconds to speed read the piece first too, don't just launch into it. Best of luck! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Makelele

Nice one. This helps a lot. thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Wendy2009

Im also going for Interview on that day, but in Dublin. Irish is my biggest weakness. I repeated the Lc this year past and I just feel my nerves get the better of me. Especially with reading the passage im afraid of messing it up big time. I know the competition is going to be massive for this and Any advice on Irish i would gladly appreciate. Im ok on the English as Ive 2 years experience sub teaching and just need to look over key words to mention.
    Its just my irish that worrys me.

Advertisement