Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Options
  • 29-12-2009 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Episode 5 was just translated, and Episode 6 is about to be released at Comiket.

Has anyone read the VNs? The anime isn't really as good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 oMega_2093

Don't trust this info very much, but I've heared VNs are NOT as good as the anime. Unlike most other VNs which are of superior quality than the adapted anime.

Umineko VN draws seem to be worse than the anime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

oMega_2093 wrote: »
    Don't trust this info very much, but I've heared VNs are NOT as good as the anime. Unlike most other VNs which are of superior quality than the adapted anime.

Umineko VN draws seem to be worse than the anime...

What

No.

The VN is much better than the anime. Yes the art isn't as good, but the anime is horridly chopped up and full of QUALITY anyway. The art is actually charming when you get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 oMega_2093

You seem to know the VN is better. What's your question, then? Were you looking for an opinion or what? Anyway, some friends of mine who played the VN and watched anime said that; it's not something I've proven by myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I was asking if people knew Umineko basically, not to tell me about it. Generally the anime is held as being a bit on the dodgy side and personally I found the VN to be more solid, though the anime is helpful for skipping through parts were the VN drags on.

Advertisement