Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve 09

Options
  • 29-12-2009 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Just starting a thread to put things to do for New Years Eve in Cork.
    Anyone know of any good events? Personally I don't want to spend another New Years out in a pub/club again. Wonder if there is any good firework displays(or anything alternative to do besides a pub), last time I remember fireworks display was the millenium!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Anton.Mamyko

I brought a case of fireworks from the north so you might be able to catch that if your going be in the city hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

I know what you're saying about the pub/club thing — but a really unique party with some fantastic acts is happening in the Boardwalk.. called Club Cabaret

Outdoor bbq, Japanese grill, plus loads of normal food as far as I know ---all included in the ticket price!!

Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

House parties are the way to go this year id say, cant stand another jam packed night in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

I'm very much looking forward to seeing mick flannery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

For the past few years I've sat at home watching Jools Holland on the beeb on Now Years Eve. OK, it's pre-recorded and it may not have the 'atmosphere' you're looking for, but it beats being in a pub that is packed to the rafters and having to queue for ages to buy warm beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

or what I have learnt over last few years is that the pubs are not jammers as people are not out and about but at home or someones home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

TheDriver wrote: »
    or what I have learnt over last few years is that the pubs are not jammers as people are not out and about but at home or someones home

+1

Went out last year and town was empty...

Im never EVER going to town for new years again.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

So sounds like stay at home or go to a pub :)
    That Board walk thing sounds ok but it's over 25s(these age restrictions just keep getting worse...) and I'm just shy of that, not too pushed about it anyway.

Ah well looks like staying in this year :)

Advertisement