Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twinkies????????????????

Options
  • 29-12-2009 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you can buy these in Ireland? Or does anyone know where you can order them online????
    Thx for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

That's a lot of question marks lol.
    You can order em on the likes of eBay I'd say, I've bout american stuff there before, sweettoothcandy.ie I think do them aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Its just very frustrating knowing you cant get them anywhere apart from the US. Why not sell such a popular food elsewhere???? Maybe i might open a shop in Ireland just to sell them. Theres a niche market! Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Are they nice? What are they like?

Are they nice? What are they like?
    They are really nice! My friend went to the US a few weeks ago and brought me back a pack, although squished. They are like a sponge with a nice cream filling. Ive always watched movies and they get Twinkies. So i just wondered what they were. They are so nice. The movie Zombieland is funny as he is after Twinkies only! LOL!

• Advertisement

sweettoothcandy.ie sell them too, and they're based in Ireland so postage would probably be cheaper - edit I see they're out of stock, you could always email them and ask when they'll be back.
    Getting stuff from the states - that size probably wouldn't get hit with customs. You can't guarantee it, but I got a box of lollipops before and no customs.

star-pants wrote: »
    sweettoothcandy.ie sell them too, and they're based in Ireland so postage would probably be cheaper - edit I see they're out of stock, you could always email them and ask when they'll be back.
    Getting stuff from the states - that size probably wouldn't get hit with customs. You can't guarantee it, but I got a box of lollipops before and no customs.
    Cool cheers! Yeah they are out of stock. I emailed them about it. Also planning to buy other stuff on their site so not too bothered as they do loads of other stuff! They are based in south Dublin. Dont think they have a shop but asked them anyway. Would love to just go there and have a snoop and buy lots of stuff!

AFAIK they don't have a shop, they deliver free to most south Dublin areas, and will post to elsewhere. I got a delivery before Christmas off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

Here, I copied and pasted this recipe for you. Much better than the packaged ones. "Crisco" is a brand of shortening (solid vegetable oil) like Cookeen or Flora White. Did you know there is an urban legend that claims Twinkies have a shelf life of 25 years??? Makes you wonder what's in them!

1 package yellow cake mix
    5 tbsp. flour
    1 c. milk
    1/2 c. Crisco
    1/2 c. butter
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 c. sugar

Bake 1 yellow cake mix in 9 x 13 inch pan. Cool. Split lengthwise (I use a jelly roll pan lined with wax paper and cut cake in half. Wax paper will peel off.)
    Cook until thick: 5 tablespoons flour and 1 cup milk, stirring constantly. Cool.
    Beat until fluffy: 1/2 cup Crisco, 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup sugar.
    Stir flour mixture well. Slowly add to sugar. Beat until very fluffy. Use a small, deep bowl. Put filling between layers of cake and dust with powdered sugar. Refrigerate. Also good with chocolate cake for Suzy Q's.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

Never had the pleasure of a twinkie, but aren't they a bit like cadburys choc mini rolls ? Just wondering they might ease your pain till you find the real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

No, they don't have chocolate in or around them, their really soft sponge with kinda vanilla cream filling. Their nice in small amounts....found that out after I bought a box on eBay..

12122006068.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanked for the sheer hilarity of the confectionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

http://www.sweettoothcandy.ie/

Irish site(.ie so should be?), never tried them so don't know anything about them. They sell most american stuff, Twinkies, peanut butter m&ms , pop tarts etc.

Faith wrote: »
    Thanked for the sheer hilarity of the confectionary.

Ehh thanks :o ,I have a "thing" for US candy.......

P1010893.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

CombatCow wrote: »
    Ehh thanks :o ,I have a "thing" for US candy.......

P1010893.jpg

Oh me too, don't get me wrong! I'm just laughing at all of them there together with their ridiculous names :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I now want those Cinnamon Fire Jolly Ranchers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

No, they don't have chocolate in or around them, their really soft sponge with kinda vanilla cream filling. Their nice in small amounts....found that out after I bought a box on eBay..

12122006068.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

Oh I see thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

omg twinkies! havent tasted them in yrs, so nice! I took a few boxes back from the states when i was over their like 14 yrs ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Is a twinkie just another name for a mini swiss roll ?

Technically, no.

• Advertisement

Technically, no.

Fair enough. I did a bit of research on Twinkies. They look tasty enough but NOTHING rivals a Tunnocks Tea Cake.

Yeah couldn't agree more, got a box of 36 Tunnocks over Christmas, feckin lovely :o

CC

Yeah couldn't agree more, got a box of 36 Tunnocks over Christmas, feckin lovely :o

CC

Ha ha ha. My parents got that jumbo box as well. I arrived home to what I thought was an empty box. God bless my mother. She stashed four Tunnocks away from me ! It was sheer heaven to gorge four of them in a row :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

When i was in america for the 6th time in 5 years, i brought home bunches and bunches of them. They are the nicest things ever! but, unfortuneialy, you cant get them here.....sorry.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Crellis31

Anyone had Oreo Cakesters, near death experience after eating 6 of them, got them off sweettothcandy.ie so good!

Yeah I had the Cakesters too, they are pretty dam nice indeed. Was thinking of making a baked Oreo cheesecake sometime soon...mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Is a twinkie just another name for a mini swiss roll ?

The cream is similar enough, so it would taste similar to a plain sponge swiss roll -dunno if I have ever seen such a swiss roll, but I mean like the cream filling in chocolate swiss roll & normal unflavoured sponge.

Speaking of swiss rolls the chocolate staffords one is amazing, eurospar near me had them on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Yeah I had the Cakesters too, they are pretty dam nice indeed. Was thinking of making a baked Oreo cheesecake sometime soon...mmmm
    Just be sure to send some this way :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Had them sent over to me from the US found them a bit sickly but moreish. The nearest thing I've found are those really cheap mini Tesco brand swiss rolls they do taste a bit like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

thanks a lot for the rec on that site guys :D I'm off do do some serious damage to my waistline :P

Advertisement