Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky player buffering question

• 29-12-2009 3:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

If I pause a movie on sky player for a few minutes on my laptop it loads the minutes ahead so when I press play again I can watch the entire movie flawlessly without any buffering.

While on the 360 if I watch a movie it seems to constantly stop and buffer making most movies unwatchable. I have paused a few movies on sky player 360 for more than 15 minutes to see if it made a difference, but it didn't. If I pause a movie on the 360 should it load the minutes ahead of the point that I paused it from, like it does on the pc version of sky player?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Like a computer the xbox runs slower depending on how much HDD space you have so this could be the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

presume the xbox only buffers a few seconds to get a shorter delay at the start, and to prevent it draining all your bandwith.

they recommend you have 4mb bb for xbox sky player

it works on 3mb but you have to press X and set the quality to medium

best bet is to get the 7mb line, will cost about €10 extra a month, but will improve more then just the skyplayer, i downloaded a 45mb file in 60secs yesterday :eek:

Advertisement