Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold feet - dont want to go home!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Mellor wrote: »
    I imagine he was already on a second year, and went home for xmas. They were checking people who came back.

^ Yep, That's it in a nutshell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

shane86 wrote: »
    Aussie businesses dont send tax details to the gov until at least July afaik (had to wait until the final day to do my return, one ****ing idiot firm never declared me until then). So saying you worked from September to the present might work. Basically most 2nd year holders got chatting to Irish people here to get the number of a reliable farmer, then paid him off.

We do not enourage or advocate trying to stay in Austrlia or New Zealand illegally. This is not the first time I have had to say this to a post of yours. Next time I will be infracting/banning. There is to be no further discussion of staying in Austrlia illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

On a slightly more serious note: I can confirm that someone I know got refused entry yesterday by immigration because they used a false ABN number.

I'm not doing the usual boards.ie scaremongering, this ACTUALLY happened :eek:

Caveat Emptor

Another Victim! :eek:

A mate of my friend was also denied entry upon arrival to Australia after coming home after Christmas.

Thread carefully if you've a dodgy 2nd year visa or thinking of getting one! They seem to be seriously cracking down on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I think they are checking absolutely everyone that comes in on a 2yr.

Two mates of mine got stopped and every detail was checked. They were all above board so no problem but another guy was there for a few hours, his didn't check out and he was home on the next flight.

Its not scaremongering at all but the honest truth.

They are checking every detail now - met a bloke who has been here for 3years, has got sponsorship from his boss but government want a lot more detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Thread carefully if you've a dodgy 2nd year visa or thinking of getting one! They seem to be seriously cracking down on this!

Just dont do it. No offence Erin as I know that's not really what you are advocating.

The people mentioned above are now on a barred list from Australia for a period of time.

Imagine if this happened you go home you get a job in a bank, in a years time they ask you to attend a training session in Sydney at a software house?

"Sorry I cant go I'm barred from Australia?"

Imagine if this happened you go home you meet Miranda Kerr in a pub in Dublin, in a years time she asks you to come back to Australia and live with her. You decide you would love to go because your boss just fired you for failing to attend a training session:o

"Sorry Miranda I cant go I'm barred from Australia?"

Imagine if this happened you go home you win a trip to the Barrier Reef.

"Sorry Darling I cant go I'm barred from Australia?"

"Its Ok darling McSteamy in work says he would love to go I will ask him, its ok we are just friends";)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Imagine if this happened you go home you get a job in a bank, in a years time they ask you to attend a training session in Sydney at a software house?
    I rather not go thanks.
    Imagine if this happened you go home you meet Miranda Kerr in a pub in Dublin, in a years time she asks you to come back to Australia and live with her. You decide you would love to go because your boss just fired you for failing to attend a training session:o
    Nah, lets move to america instead

Imagine if this happened you go home you win a trip to the Barrier Reef.
    I've seen it and its over rated, give it to your folks, and i'll bring you somewhere really special

Problem solved imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

miranda_kerr_6000x0432x576.jpeg

"I dont want to go to america with your broke jobless ass. Oh and while we are on about it the Cock and Bull at happy hour is not "somewhere special"."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Zambia the next time I'm down in Mexico I want to meet up and buy you a Pot.... That was classic

Advertisement